PDA

View Full Version : Daytona CF hood still a Go?

CanadianDaytona
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I heard that i believe either badassperformance or Street Machine Performance might be making a CF hood for the Daytonas?
Wondering if thats still a go, and if so approx how much?

My turbo Bulged hood got a dent from the stut tower brace..now wondering if I should repair or go CF?

BadAssPerformance
02-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Mine is backburnered for now, but hopefully still this year. I will definitely make one for my car sometime.

CanadianDaytona
02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
And if it does eventually go through have you thought of a Price at all?
Also did you ever decide on what it would look like...
personally I think a TurboBulged with functional Cowl would be sweet
:thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
might be interested in one too.

BadAssPerformance
02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
My Z will hopefully need a cowl once I get the new intake designed up.

GLHNSLHT2
02-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I'd want a stock ShelbyZ style hood. With my areo mods I have a low pressure area under the hood at a measly 25MPH and above. I want to keep that area in low pressure as it helps with cooling and downforce. Also like the somewhat stock looking apperance on the outside.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2006, 12:18 AM
The very first hood I make for my car will be a stock '87 Shelby Z bulge hood.

CanadianDaytona
02-11-2006, 12:34 AM
any idea at all what you may charge for 1? just so I know if It will even be an option for me :D

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2006, 12:42 AM
I wont really have an idea till I make one. Well, I'm probably going to make 2, the first will be teh stock '87 Z I mentioned above, and if successful, the second one will be a cowl hood for the Z. I'm planning to make it cuz I want one for my car, not to be a vendor, but once the mold is made additional CF or glass hoods would not be a problem. Whenever I get around to it and figure out cost of making the mold, I might do a one time group buy to help pay for the mold???

Unfortunately the hood project is waiting in line for the roll cage project and intake project to get done first...

CanadianDaytona
02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
alright keep me in mind