PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my AFR Curve STG V Cal

mario03SRT
09-08-2007, 09:05 AM
All,

Here is a pic of my recent afr from my setup. This is on a FWD STG V Cal that was for a basically stock T2 with 3" Catback and K&N Filter.

Now the car is @ 52 psi fuel pressure base, 52 lb inj's, 25 psi of boost, Boost Cooler Stage 2 Water/Meth (4 psi start/25 psi full), Menegon Head, Taft STG2 Cam, FM Enforcer 2 T04E/46 trim, 52 mm TB, Moparzrule Ported Turbo manifold, FM Ported 1 piece intake manifold, Full 3 " Exhaust, K&N CAI, turboXS MBC, Blaster 2Coil. Stock Bottom End.

I'm guessing that the initial lean is get the turbo spooling? Subtract a .5 of afr to see what the afr would be w/o the water/meth. So the cal needs a revision I suppose, any thoughts. Any HP gueses?

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/mario03srt/DaytonaAFRcopy.jpg

Thanks,
Marion

cordes
09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
It is hard for me to say without knowing the AFR in relation to the boost or RPMs, but trying to extrapolate based on the MPH at the bottom I would want it to be a little richer for sure.

GLHSKEN
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
RPM's are needed. The chart has seconds at the bottom, not mph

mario03SRT
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
The pull is from 3k to 6.5k. I agree the info makes a lot more sense with the rpm as the baseline. I have a Innovate RPM Convertor and need to get it on there, but they tend to be a tad off.

I could add some more fuel pressure to richen the first portion of the afr but then the top end would be farily fat.

Does this curve match others with this cal?

Thanks,
Marion

cordes
09-08-2007, 12:56 PM
RPM's are needed. The chart has seconds at the bottom, not mph

Thanks for pointing that out. It sure makes a big difference.

The pull is from 3k to 6.5k. I agree the info makes a lot more sense with the rpm as the baseline. I have a Innovate RPM Convertor and need to get it on there, but they tend to be a tad off.

I could add some more fuel pressure to richen the first portion of the afr but then the top end would be farily fat.

Does this curve match others with this cal?

Thanks,
Marion

I would rather be a little fat up top than have some toasted pistons due to running 13+:1 AFR at high boost.

glhs727
09-08-2007, 03:07 PM
yes, the initial higher af is to get the turbo spooling, and with the limited information, the A/F seems OK. BUT as the others pointed out the info is too limited to make a good determination. When we dyno a car during a tuning session and/or calibration session, we take data from several factors and look at it as a big picture per say. That includes RPM's, Boost, A/F, egt (if available). I also know James likes to use both the Dyno's senser's inputs along with using the Snap-on Modis unit to collect a lot of data. The more data and how it relates to each other is important. Unfortunetly your AF without a relationship to RPM's and boost level doesn't give enough info to know where you are at and what direction to go. BUT if you get the rpm and boost data along with wideband O2 (and egt) data, you can send us that info and we can revise your calibration. The better the data, the better the revision!
later,
Cindy

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2007, 02:00 AM
looks like some modifcation to the Pumping Efficiency table is needed. Is it that rich at cruise??? Should be boucing around 14.7. Usually I get some cruise logging then floor it to see where the a/f's go. But mine is a dead straight line at whatever a/f it's set too. If your boost is solid and the a/f is moving around during a full gear pull then you need to mod the PE table in the appropriate locations to get the fueling right.

mario03SRT
09-09-2007, 07:38 AM
looks like some modifcation to the Pumping Efficiency table is needed. Is it that rich at cruise??? Should be boucing around 14.7. Usually I get some cruise logging then floor it to see where the a/f's go. But mine is a dead straight line at whatever a/f it's set too. If your boost is solid and the a/f is moving around during a full gear pull then you need to mod the PE table in the appropriate locations to get the fueling right.

GLHNSLHT2,

The car stoichs at idle and cruise just fine. I'm going to do another pull today or soon (yea we got rain!) with the fuel pressure turned up. I'm going to root up my afr curves from last year with the stock longblock and the STG V Cal. I'm mostly interested on the effect of the mods on the cal tune. It's getting quite a bit of air now as compared to the past.

Hey I see your LC-1 is gone bananas just like mine. I shipped mine to Innovate a few days ago too. I was on thier forums and saw your post. I'm using my friends LM-1at the moment.

Marion

mario03SRT
09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
All,

Here is a link to the TM gallery with my original afr curve with the car basically unmodded. Completely different curve with stock top end versus new head/cam/turbo.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6603&cat=500

If someone can insert it for me that'd be great so all can see. My Photobucket is whack today and I cannot get my pics on TM to view still.

mario03SRT
09-09-2007, 08:31 AM
yes, the initial higher af is to get the turbo spooling, and with the limited information, the A/F seems OK. BUT as the others pointed out the info is too limited to make a good determination. When we dyno a car during a tuning session and/or calibration session, we take data from several factors and look at it as a big picture per say. That includes RPM's, Boost, A/F, egt (if available). I also know James likes to use both the Dyno's senser's inputs along with using the Snap-on Modis unit to collect a lot of data. The more data and how it relates to each other is important. Unfortunetly your AF without a relationship to RPM's and boost level doesn't give enough info to know where you are at and what direction to go. BUT if you get the rpm and boost data along with wideband O2 (and egt) data, you can send us that info and we can revise your calibration. The better the data, the better the revision!
later,
Cindy

Cindy,

Thanks for your input. I've taken your original cal and wreaked havoc on it with all my mods.:o

My setup is identical to many with hopped up T2's I would imagine that you and others already have something for me that outta work good.

I'm just trying to get smart on this engine and what a spot on tune looks like. Looking at my current curve I'd say it needs help but want the folks here to school me up.

Maybe you could post one for me to include some dyno #'s too. Mods are in the 1st post.

Thanks,
Marion

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2007, 11:06 AM
GLHNSLHT2,

The car stoichs at idle and cruise just fine. I'm going to do another pull today or soon (yea we got rain!) with the fuel pressure turned up. I'm going to root up my afr curves from last year with the stock longblock and the STG V Cal. I'm mostly interested on the effect of the mods on the cal tune. It's getting quite a bit of air now as compared to the past.

Hey I see your LC-1 is gone bananas just like mine. I shipped mine to Innovate a few days ago too. I was on thier forums and saw your post. I'm using my friends LM-1at the moment.

Marion

I think your a/f ratio's are better now than they were originally. Just need to be smoothed out a bit.

My XD-16 gauge went bananas. The LC-1 seems to be ok. I need to email them and find out where my gauge is. They've had it for 2 weeks and I've heard nothing from them. I want to start tuning my car again.