PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Chrome & Aluminum Polish to Use

DC Turismo
09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
To restore chrome and aluminum, use Flitz.

I know many of you have heard of it, and even though it can be pricey, using this along with a Meguiars powerball TRULY brings out an awesome shine on our style rims, valve covers, and anything else chrome. If you have any older cars, this stuff is awesome for bringing rims, bumpers, and trim all back to life, too.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/images/originals/Flitz_combined.jpg

The rims on my Turismo came from a junkyard. In the past I used Blue Magic, Mother's Polish, Meguiar's Aluminum Billet polish, and all have done well. But Flitz outdoes them by far. The clearcoat is still intact on my rims, and they shine like it's been stripped, that is how good this stuff is.

Hope this helps!

Here is their site if you'd like to order or find more info:
http://www.flitz.com/index.html

1FastCSX289
09-05-2007, 11:43 PM
where'd you get it?

minigts
09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Post some pics of what you did. I'd be interested to see the difference.

20w/ashelby
09-07-2007, 01:20 AM
billy, did you use the paste or the liquid?

DC Turismo
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Sorry guys, forgot I posted this and haven't followed up.

I don't really have any before or after pics, just after shots. I'll post those if I can dig them up on here somewhere.

I used the paste in the toothpaste looking bottle. I had bought it from abuddy of mine, but I'm 99% sure you can order it through the site I posted.

briceturbosports
11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
i got it for him i can get the kits if you want a kit i will find out what there are going for they were like 40 or 45 i don't remember but will find out if anybody wants one oh and billy i can get just the tube of polish now also :thumb: later greg

DC Turismo
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Cool Greg!!! I'll let you know when I need another one!

METZ
11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
After getting my wheels looking nice I have to re-polished every other week to keep them that way. I'm using Meguirs billet aluminum polish. Is there a good protector for bare aluminum?

Gearhead24-7
11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I tried about 15 different things when I did these for my truck, including that Flitz stuff. I always came back to Mothers, some stuff worked as good, but nothing worked any better.

entity
11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
for protecting that polished aluminum you will need zoop seal. Will stop all of those headaches and wear and tear.

86Shelby
11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I've had great luck using Mothers to get the item polished and then using Maas polish on soft metal to get rid of the polishing swirls that Mother's left behind. I'll be trying Zoop on my intercooler piping since it's pretty soft material.

20w/ashelby
11-27-2007, 07:38 PM
zoop is incredibly expensive. Personally, I'll continue to re-polish.

Clay
11-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Ive always used Wenol for polishing and cleaning aluminum. They have 2 formulas, a polish for unpolished aluminum, and a cleaner/polish for already polished aluminum. Great stuff there.