PDA

View Full Version : 91 Sundance Turbo RS

CDNTurboZ
09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
There is one for sale locally and I was wondering what it should have under the hood? I'm assuming 2.5 TI???

How about the brakes, are they the bigger 11inch ones?

Is there anything really good for parts off of this car?
I saw a pic of it in the for sale ad and it looks like a regular n/a shadow on the outside.(no turbo bump, ground f/x, etc)

Mike M
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
RSs are nothing fancy at all, pretty low end. Just a 2.5 T1, little brakes, blah blah blah. It should have factory fog lights though, because RS stands for Rally-sport!!

fleckster
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
There was a beautiful black four door Sundance RS Turbo in my new neighbor's driveway most of the day. It was in excellent condition. Maybe they are the original owners?!? Hopefully, it will be back and I can get some info,pictures, and such. It's definitely an '89 or newer as it has the composite headlights. I would think a later model RS Turbo four door would have to have been more rare. And the fact that it is still on the road and very nice looking...sweet ride!

johnl
09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Saw one on the freeway last month. I was in my Rampage, about 100 yards back. Saw the twin tail pipes and caught up to him. He saw me coming. When I got up next to him he had a big grin and started pointing to his passenger to show him the power bulge on the 'page which says "intercooled turbo." We traded thumbs up.:thumb: Then he downshifted, gassed it, and cut across three lanes to get to his offramp.

MiniMopar
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Cool. I think there was an '88 RS too. The one I saw had a "luggage rack" on the deck lid and red red with a red interior. Was definitely an 88, as it had the early tail lights without the 87-only blackouts.

flatlander757
09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a 90 RS and it's got the 2.5 T1, little brakes, and a sweet --- luggage rack.:thumb:

Mopar_Nutz
09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
A guy at my work is selling one as well. I believe it's a `90 with a 2.5/523 combo. He's asking $1000 but not many people seem too enthused. If he still has it in a few months, maybe my next winter car. :)