PDA

View Full Version : Corvette guy riding in my CSX

Stratman
09-04-2007, 01:51 AM
My boss is somewhat of a gear head also who just bought a 2007 C-6 Corvette which is said to have 400 HP and previously owned a 300 HP 2006 Mustang GT with which he installed a Saleen Supercharger kit with $800 worth of tuning software to tune it to the sum of 475 HP at 8 psi. If I remember right, I don't think he bought the blower until I was running my CSX beside him one day.
Anyways, he wanted a ride today after work since he is impressed with the way I've built up the car and he hasn't ridden in since I changed the head last year, ...so I gave him one.
I drove out on the small road between the office buildings, which is far less than an 1/8 mile, to show him what 17 psi feels like now. I believe I scared the hell out of him when he was telling me to slow down. :) In conclusion, he claims he isn't getting a twin turbo kit for his Corvette until another year or so, but I bet it will be a bit sooner now.
He hates losing to anyone, especially the thought of a 2.2 running beside him across the trap at the end of the track!

I've updated my CSX page since the car has been back on the road:
http://www.turbofreak.com/shelby.htm#September-3-2007

JohnnyLightning86
09-04-2007, 01:21 PM
That's a good one Chris! LOL! I will probably do the same when you get a chance to give me a ride in it.

Mike

Vigo
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
checked out the link, looking good!

Stratman
09-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanx.

1FastCSX289
09-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Car looks awesome. What are you using to mount your Innovate box to the windshield like that? I should do mine like that.

Those C7's are wicked cars. If you can keep up with one in a big fat CSX, my hat is off to you.

Time for some alky injection to take care of that detonation!

Edit:
Watched the vid. Looks good. Seems like youre still rich (10.8:1 or so).

Stratman
09-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Car looks awesome. What are you using to mount your Innovate box to the windshield like that? I should do mine like that.

Those C7's are wicked cars. If you can keep up with one in a big fat CSX, my hat is off to you.

Time for some alky injection to take care of that detonation!

Edit:
Watched the vid. Looks good. Seems like youre still rich (10.8:1 or so).

Thanx.

I bought the mount for Innovate. Only bad thing is it was $75.

LOL, I'm mot quite sure if I could keep up with him or not, but him riding passenger gave him that "oh, crap this 4 cyl might out run me" feeling.

Thought about the alky, just not a dead set project yet.

I always like to stay a bit on the rich side running pump gas. I do lean it out some when 106 octane is involved.