PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Daytona Turbo Z --- Should I?

DC Turismo
09-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey guys... here's my new dilemma:

Currently I have a 1990 Daytona Shelby -- 90 2.5 CB (new seals, head job) running a T2 - IC setup, new Garrett turbo, SS turbo lines, G-valve, vac block, high torque computer, Shelby valve cover and 2 pc. intake, new t-stat, build sheet in hand, Iroc R/T gauge cluster, black power leather interior (driver's side torn on bottom), redone headliner, new VNT radiator, Daytona cargo cover and floormats (stitching worn). Is and has been a good car. But the rockers are showing signs of rust and the driver's floorpan definitely needs a patch. The car needs repainted, but I do have the entire decal set from P.I. to do so. It is needing inspected by the end of the month, and before I do that it needs a windshield (cracked) and tires all around, would like to redo the shocks, springs, and struts all around, and the tach. resautered because it tends to stop working occassionally. The steering has gotten difficult just this past week and either the pump is going bad or the brand new Mopar rack I bought 2 years ago this month is going bad. I am currently having some idling issues upon startup where it idles rough, but it does work itself out once driving.

I love driving the car and especialyl with winter coming up I don't care about driving it through the winter cuz it drives like a tank. But, a car that I've watched for a long time has finally come up for sale - 1984 Daytona Turbo Z. 49k original miles, leather interior, T1, auto, solid top. Burgundy w/silver gfx. Rocker air fences are still there, but front is missing. Swiss cheese rims. Garage kept in temp. controlled and carpeted garage until 2000 (had 9k on the odo at the time) before being sold to a Mopar collector. He put the last 40k miles on it, went through its first winter last year. It's now for sale for $2900. Not all original, as the pass fender has been replaced and repainted along with the pass. door when it was lightly sideswiped by a parallel parker. Paint shows its age slightly, especially roof fade and along the tops of the side moldings, but the car looks great overall, especially with the Turbo Z indented bumper. Comes with a new battery, pretty new tires, and from what I can tell a very well maintained interior.

I don't know what to put money into. What do you guys think? I haven't test driven the Z or even sat in it, but am thinking about stopping by and checking it out again this weekend.I feel the Daytona Shelby's are going to be the cars that fly under the radar and are sought after down the road and if anythign I'd like to set mine just on the side. But, I would need to do something with it in order to get the Z if I go that route. Basically I just do not want to regret getting out of it, for I've only seen 2 others with black leather interior from the 90 year. What would you do, and what advice can you give me? I just want a good daily driver and want to spend my money smart. Should I dump money into my 90 which needs some work all around, or just park it and pick up the Z which doesn't seem to need any work other than a good buff job?

DC Turismo
09-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Never mind, car is tentatively sold :(

1FastCSX289
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Buy my 86 Daytona Turbo. Not a Z, but its a T1/525 car. 72k original miles. No rust. Awesome shape. To you..$1450 :nod:

DC Turismo
09-01-2007, 06:13 PM
LOL, Sean you're not 10 minutes away like this was!

Turbodave
09-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Billy that looked like a nice car, but there's nothing wrong with your 90 either, you can't own them all (even though I'm trying), so if that other car found a good home that's cool.

You should buy Sean's car, send him a money order for twice the amount from a fake bank then ask him to send you back the difference:confused:

1FastCSX289
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
LOL, Sean you're not 10 minutes away like this was!

Im not THAT far. Fly in for 100 bucks. Drive it home. :thumb:

Someone buy this thing! :banghead:

GLHS592
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Someone buy this thing! :banghead:

If you were in TN, I would.

Bardo
09-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Never mind, car is tentatively sold :(

hwy billy is that the car that used to say SSSHHH or saomething like that on the plate. if so it was fore sale about3 or 4 years ago the ladys husbin died and she wanted (at the time) 5500 for it. as nicely as i could i tole her to blow it out her a$$hole and that she was nucking futs. i guess they learned that now

DC Turismo
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
AJ, yes this was the same car.

Thankfully a member of our chapter picked it up, so it's definitely going to a good home!