PDA

View Full Version : Need street/race/daily driver tires

Xtrempickup
02-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I have a TIII Iroc R/T and I drive it a few days a week to work. I take it out on nights and street race with it also. I dont wna buy slicks for it and put them on 15s to take anyplace with me if i wna race. I want tires that are gonna be driveable on the road, not in the wet or snow, and also be sticky enough to hook up to race with. major drag radial brands seem to not have a size tire to fit, biggest can be 225/50/16 for my stock 16s. BFG doesnt make one in 16 that fits, the nittos dont and the others dont seem to have any tread for street use. I need something Max Performance, but driveable. I was looking at BFGoodrich Radial TA K/ds, they are the top of the performance line, but a summer only street tire. this would fit my needs i think and have a size that will work, I seen the MX Ecsta Kumhos and get the feeling they wont hook. i dont wna drop more than 300 for 2 tires really. any ideas, anybody have good reviews for steet tires on a car that more overs 220 HP and easily spins tires are 3700RPM in first and 2nd. I need to be able to down the steet after i get out of the hole, the hole isnt the problem. my car just breaks them loose at high rpm in 1st and 2nd. i am also putting in a stage 3 cal and stage one cams so i should be pushing almost 300 HP on the motor with large FMIC, +40s, 3 bar and 16lbs of boost, comp capable of 18. I want to get down the track without smoking them and without having to short shift 1st and second.

Clay
02-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Falken Azenis always seem to get the nod for sticky and cheap. Granted, they are only good for 15000 miles, but hey, you cant have everything.

I have a set on my 87 GLHS, its bone stock, and they seem to hook pretty good . Sticky as heck on the corners too.

Clay

shelbyplaya
02-09-2006, 12:33 AM
i've got a set of 205/55/16 TOYO T1-S's. i love them!

afsautoworx
02-09-2006, 02:12 AM
the 3tc toyota guys i talk to who do drifting say u can time the life of a falken azenis on a stopwatch :D Good cheap/sticky tire

Xtrempickup
02-09-2006, 07:11 AM
cool, may have to call and see how much for a 2 of them, 15000 miles is fine, my car doesnt even see that much in a yr. thanks, i looked them up online and the thread pattern looks good