PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Parts

LowSL2
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm getting my list of parts, #'s, suppliers, etc together for a rebuild. I'm not looking to make tons of power. I want to keep it somewhat stock. Nothing fancy.

Luk OEM Replacement clutch kit
Mopar Head bolts
Mopar Head gasket
Mopar upper gasket set
Mopar lower gasket/seal set
Clevite Main bearings
Clevite Rod bearings
FWD Cryo Intermediate shaft
Intermediate shaft bearings
Forged pistons
Hastings chrome moly piston rings
Oil pump?

Right now I'm stuck on oil pumps. I've done a search and came back with some people liking the Melling oil pumps and some not liking them. What oil pump would you guys run? I dont care how much it costs. I'd rather spend some money on a good oil pump.

tryingbe
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Might want to give Chris a call to get parts.

http://www.turbosunleashed.com/

iTurbo
08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I would use a stock Mopar oil pump. There isn't any need to have a high volume pump robbing horsepower and putting more stress than necessary on the I-shaft and oil pump gear. I put a stock Mopar oil pump in my Spirit R/T when I had it torn apart last year and it makes great oil pressure.

LowSL2
09-01-2007, 06:12 AM
What about the head gasket? Would a stocker be ok for a stock rebuild? Some are recommending the Cometic with ARP studs. Thoughts?

86Shelby
09-01-2007, 12:52 PM
For just a stock rebuild I'd go with a stock headgasket. It's not as though you're planning to run 300 hp out of it.

LowSL2
09-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Ya know, it's a difference between day and night when you compare the advice that you get between this forum and the other one. I'm now totally confused on what I should do regarding head gaskets and oil pumps.

Hemlock
09-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Unless you are building some kind of high hp/ high boost engine, stick with the Mopar parts, you can't go wrong with factory parts.

86Shelby
09-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Ya know, it's a difference between day and night when you compare the advice that you get between this forum and the other one. I'm now totally confused on what I should do regarding head gaskets and oil pumps.

As far as the head gaskets go, there is what is *best* a Cometic, or what is *good* a stock gasket.

I have yet to see any real pattern with the oil pumps and thier failures to recommend any. As far as I'm concerned, it's a wash. Some swear on brand A, other's have had brand A fail and now swear on brand B. But those who swear on brand A do so because brand B failed. Pick your poison. It's not as though you can tell how a pump and I-shaft will wear 10k miles down the road.