PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Murphy
08-31-2007, 03:51 AM
or has this site been down alot lately? like over the past week i've been getting an error page for all the sites on this server(TM,BM, Squirrelpf). has the server just been flakey or is it me?

supercrackerbox
08-31-2007, 04:02 AM
I know it goes down every night at 3:13am central for half an hour or so, but that's the only problem I've noticed.

Wes85L
08-31-2007, 04:37 AM
man it's 3:36 am and I can actually see this site right now. this NEVER happens. Frank must have changed the maintenance schedule or something

ps..the site was down almost the entire evening yesterday, not sure what happened

Frank
08-31-2007, 06:17 AM
Well there were multiple things... Apache needed to be updated to the latest version. We were experiencing a denial of service attack were requests could not be completed and were stacking up in the system to the point that in 3 minutes we the system would be completely unresponsive. However this was not proven... we could have a memory or motherboard issue... both behave similarly. Secondly we needed an update of php and mysql. I also got the security updated.

This contributed to most of the downtime. However when we went to the later mysql last night, there was a mistake a mysql configuration file that the new mysql didnt like and was keeping the database from starting up.

That leads us to now. When apache was updated, plesk was broken in the process. This leads me to not having web based e-mail and I am unsure if regular e-mail is working because I am not at home.

All of this seems to happen when I go on travel. Luckly I am leaving in an hour or so to head home... 6hr drive, plus rental car exchange, and drop stuff off at work.

GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and since there was little site time working yesterday and Plesk isnt working, I canceled the backup from this morning.

Frank

moparman76_69
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I was wondering if their was a d.o.s attack or something. I've noticed several times that the page wouldn't load and my browser would just say "waiting on turbo-mopar.com", especially late at night.

cordes
09-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I could not get the site for some time too. It has been about two days for me I think.