PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Garrett Turbo

Austrian Dodge
08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Does somebody have one in good used condition? Would prefer one off a TII, no need for a .63 housing or a swingvalve...just a good used TII turbo with a .48 housing.

I'm going to buy a T1 2.2 shadow and it should be a liiiiittle bit faster than stock :eyebrows:

Xtrempickup
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
I actually have a stock TII turbo sitting here thats from an 80K mile car. I was hloding onto it for my Laser , just swap the covers since i had a TI on that car. Going to the yard this weekend, the only difference between a TI and TII is the cover. is that car a Mistu? even a TI is an upgrade from it let me know, maybe could get you something

Austrian Dodge
08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
well i'd prefer a TII, as i'm going to convert the car to TII

yep, mitsu equipped car

lmk

Xtrempickup
08-30-2007, 08:06 PM
il take a look for any if the yard has some cars. if i didnt need mine id gladly sell you it, but i need it because my TI turbo has a broken o2 sensors in the bung and just a pain to take apart

Austrian Dodge
09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
hmm hmm ... i'd take a TI garrett too now ;)

Xtrempickup
09-05-2007, 09:12 PM
You always say soemthing late, i could have gotten a TI on saturday when i was at the yard they had a bunch. Eh maybe next weekend if you dont come up woth something before then, let me know

slasky
09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I just pulled one off my car to put my super 70 on. The turbo has maybe 5k on it. Brian bucar expressed interest in it I will see if he still wants it.

Austrian Dodge
09-10-2007, 05:39 AM
got one offered, and will take a look at it and let you guys know

thanks so far!

slasky
09-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Mine is available now if you need it. It is a garrett T2 that i had rebuilt by TU a few years ago.

DeckSetter
09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Mine is available now if you need it. It is a garrett T2 that i had rebuilt by TU a few years ago.

Not trying to threadjack, but if he gets the other one I'm interested.

How long has it been off? I assume it doesn't smoke, correct? If he's not interested, PM me a price.

slasky
09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Not trying to threadjack, but if he gets the other one I'm interested.

How long has it been off? I assume it doesn't smoke, correct? If he's not interested, PM me a price.

I had it rebuilt with the quick spool option from TU. I had it on for a couple of years until I upgraded to a super 60. I sold it to my friend for $180 but he never used it and had it for a year. I bought it back and put it back on my car when my super 60 died in June. I pulled it off last week to put on a super 70. It never smoked and the intercooler pipes are bone dry. I am not sure of the mileage but this car was never my daily driver. I would guess it has 5 or 6 k on it if that. There is no in and out shaft play at all. It does wiggle from side to side a little but Chris from TU said it is normal. Here is it in action at this year's SDAC.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5b2d36a3-7808-4bdb-aaa6-9957012eff9d.htm

Since I had to buy it back from my friend I owe him $180. I would sell it to a good home for that plus shipping. it does not come with the WGA. It has a 2 1/4" swingvalve that is on it that I will include.