PDA

View Full Version : A/C problems!

dds78910
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
As some of you know I have been getting my A/C put together on my R/T. The pump and condensor is used. All of the line I had rebuilt a new dryer and seals put in. I had a friend at the dealership help me charge it. We found the pressure releif valve was stuck open and wouldnt close so we put a plug in it and charged it to 25 oz. It worked great for a day, and while sitting in traffic I see smoke coming for the engine compartment, I shut off the A/C and pull over. Sure enuff it was leaking where the hose bolts to the dryer on on side.
So I get a new seal and get a pressure releif valve, install it, and charge it again. Well the next day it did the same thing, and started leaking by the dryer. I ordered a new high pressure switch, cause I'm thinking it is staying on the high side and not switching to the low. But I'm not sure if this will cure it. Just wondering if there is any thing else I could check that might cause it to build up pressure and blow a seal? And is there a way to see if the old high pressure switch is bad?

MiniMopar
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Without putting a set of gauges on there to see what the actual pressures are, it's hard to say. It does sound like the high side is running too high or maybe the evap is freezing.

86Shelby
08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm with Russ, put some gauges on it to see what you need to do.