PDA

View Full Version : clutch kaboom

mark
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM
see if people agree with me...

driving to work, got on it a lot of times cause i was running late. i believe my car has the stock clutch in it. i havent had to crack it open till now..

so, im driving, stomp on it on the xway, all of a sudden, rpms rev to 7000 rpm, car stalls, I goto push clutch in and move it to neutral, clutch pedal goes to floor, no pedal presure at all. i thought i the cable broke. pull over, check cable, its fine... try to start car in neutral... it turns, makes oil pressure, but doesnt fire and I hear a weird rattle while cranking, i stop at that point. I checked timing belt too, but it was still on the top 2 cams and had tension on it.

i'm guessing (at work now, gonna mess with it this weekend)
that the clutch grenaded, and took out the crank firing sensor.

good guess so far, or am i off base?

mcsvt
08-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Sounds logical to me.

Should be easy to check. Pull the sensor, if it's toasted you were right :(

mark
08-28-2007, 09:55 AM
what i thinking too, just at work, and car is home :(

RJ138
08-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah sounds about right, I have a couple crank sensors that were taken out by clutch/pressure plate issues. One was blown completely out of the hole in the trans case.:confused:

1FastCSX289
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Ouch! That sucks Mark. But, yea....sounds like pieces of pressure plate and clutch took the sensor out.

mark
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
i hope its that. heheh.

clutch day at marks house, free pizza/beer/soda!

lol

turbovanmanČ
08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Ouch! That sucks Mark. But, yea....sounds like pieces of pressure plate and clutch took the sensor out.

+2. And worst case, the pieces took out the throwout bearing fork, :(

mark
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
all in a days work of driving an R/T :)

mark
08-28-2007, 08:06 PM
yep... sensor junked. i got the tb off for a good look at the sensor, i was able to pull the sensor right out. then i still had to unbolt the part of the sensor that was still bolted in.... it got hit by something internally...