PDA

View Full Version : Remote jumpstart post ideas?

supercrackerbox
08-28-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm looking for some ideas here for a remote positive battery terminal for charging/jumpstarting. The battery I've installed in the car isn't directly accessible to jumper cables.

Turbodave
08-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Would the setup from a cloud car work (stratus-sebring-breeze sedans)?

Murphy
08-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Thats what I was planning on doing when I move my battery to the passengers side. Basically its a piece of plastic that bolts to the body and at the end of it is a nut that acts as your main positive power suppy. I guess you could make your own out of some other non conductive material you have laying around

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Caddy's are all over the pick and pull junkyards with nice red boxes w/ a little + emblem on them for remote jumper hook-up , they even have a decent size lug with nylock nuts too

ottawa rogue
08-31-2007, 02:55 PM
look at a lot of GM stuff in the boneyards. W-bodies(lumina, grand prix, regal and cutlass supreme) all have this stud on the driver's strut tower.

86Shelby
08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Since I haven't talked with ya since last weekend I found a piece that would be very ideal in an Intrepid. I wasn't able to get the year since the hood and driver's door were missing. It was a redesigned Intrepid(late 90s-early 00s), and there was a nice junction on the front passenger corner of the engine bay. The one I found had been broken in a wreck, but it was very ideal. Basically a double threaded stud in a plastic enclosure mounted on a sheetmetal bracket with nothing else tied into it. It was too difficult to remove with the radiator support bent to hell and nothing accessible. Didn't find anything else that wasn't tied into a junction/fuse block.

supercrackerbox
09-01-2007, 03:59 AM
I'll check Shirley's in the morning.