PDA

View Full Version : Sds System

pzito
08-25-2007, 01:26 AM
ANYONE RUNNING A SDS SYSTEM. aNY INFO WOULD BE GREAT OR PROBLEM I SHOULD LOOK FOR BEFORE I INSTALL IT. i M GOING TO BE USING A AEM WIDEBAND AND EGT GAUAGE. I HAVE 72IB INJECTORS T3 T4 TURBO DEVILES OWN INJEC. HEADER FULL 3IN EXHAUST . ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS....

1FastCSX289
08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
ANYONE RUNNING A SDS SYSTEM. aNY INFO WOULD BE GREAT OR PROBLEM I SHOULD LOOK FOR BEFORE I INSTALL IT. i M GOING TO BE USING A AEM WIDEBAND AND EGT GAUAGE. I HAVE 72IB INJECTORS T3 T4 TURBO DEVILES OWN INJEC. HEADER FULL 3IN EXHAUST . ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS....

I am running SDS-EM4F and there are also multiple others on here running it as well. I am also running 72pph's and a devilsown kit. What would you like to know? What kind of car?

David Rose
08-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry to jack the thread but 1FastCSX289 do you have any fuel maps you could share.I have a sds em4e system on my GLHt and 4 broken pistons 2 broken rods and 2 bent rods at 42 lbs psi is not good.Any help with tuning would be great

1FastCSX289
08-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry to jack the thread but 1FastCSX289 do you have any fuel maps you could share.I have a sds em4e system on my GLHt and 4 broken pistons 2 broken rods and 2 bent rods at 42 lbs psi is not good.Any help with tuning would be great

I have my fuel maps, but unless you are running 72pph injectors at the same fuel pressure, its not going to help you. IF you do have 72pph injectors, I would be more than happy to give you my numbers. Thats how I got started! A Mopar member talked me through initial set up on the phone.

The trick is to start PIG rich and subtract fuel until you get into the 11-11.5:1 range. You NEED to get a wideband and a datalogger. Otherwise youre just guessing and thats not a good idea with a turbo.

My tune is still off, but each time I go to the track, I get closer and closer. Im still a bit rich (10.7:1), but I just keep trimming fuel VERY slowly. Even if you think your WAYYYY rich, resist the temptation to pull a bunch of fuel at once, because you dont have to miss by much and your pistons are now fuel.

You can also use your rich/lean knob. Subtract the fuel with the knob, log a run and keep cranking the knob until youre happy. THen look at the display to see the % of fuel you removed and then pull that from your map.

Feel free to PM me and I will help you as best I can.

-Sean

=

GLHS592
08-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I can e-mail anybody my complete SDS setup in MS Excel format. My engine specs are at the bottom of this page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/267451/2. PM me your e-mail address.

pzito
08-27-2007, 12:05 AM
i have a 94 dodge shadow with 72lb and a deviles own what did you start the spray at i am going to running 20lb boost and if you have fuel maps that would be great thanks. pzito@ptd.net

2.216VTurbo
08-27-2007, 12:24 AM
i have a 94 dodge shadow with 72lb and a deviles own what did you start the spray at i am going to running 20lb boost and if you have fuel maps that would be great thanks. pzito@ptd.net
Are you buying this kit from SDS? If so, they will set up a basic map for you if you give them your specs.

If rods are getting bent and pistons broken, TAKE ADVANCE out of the curve when the boost goes up, higher the boost the more timing you need to pull back...