PDA

View Full Version : TU Wants Your Input on Calibration Options

Chris W
08-23-2007, 06:57 PM
As most of you may already know we are just finishing up on the last of the back ordered custom calibrations. Shortly after that we will be accepting orders for our new line of cals.

With the added advantage of our unique testing equipment we will be offering several new options that have never been available from any vendor before.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17433

But, with this new technology there is still room for more :eyebrows:

To KICK OFF these new cals, Paul and I decided to open it up to the community to hear what kind of options they would like to see. If anyone suggests an option that we actually select we will provide it to that member FREE of charge along with their paid cal. We recently added N2O activation to our growing list so that one would be excluded from suggestions.

So let's hear your ideas.........

Chris & Paul-TU

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
As brought up, a 3.0L n/a and turbo cal.

2.5 TIII cal would be nice too, they seem to be springing up, ;)

Ondonti
08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
+1 for simon

Clay
08-23-2007, 08:18 PM
a built in launch control RPM, activate below a certain wheel speed. Maybe even make it adjustable with a pot.

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2007, 08:19 PM
a built in launch control RPM, activate below a certain wheel speed. Maybe even make it adjustable with a pot.

And a switch so you can turn it on and off.

fleckster
08-23-2007, 08:21 PM

If you set that up, you might was well include the Check Engine Light/Knock Sensor set up too!

Clay
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
And a switch so you can turn it on and off.

yup, I thought about that but if it only works below say 2mph, its no big deal.

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
yup, I thought about that but if it only works below say 2mph, its no big deal.

Thats a good idea but it would be kinda cool to have it up to say 10 mph so you can launch hard out of the box?

mcsvt
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I saw some nice burnouts with speed dependent rev limiters at SDAC :)

Clay
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
when you do a burnout your wheel speed is a bit above 2mph, yes? ;)

I can still do a burnout to warm up the tires as well.

RoadWarrior222
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
You know, an invisibilty cloak would be nice for when we are playing at WOT

That's doable, just take all your bits and put 'em in a minivan :thumb:

Chris W
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
As brought up, a 3.0L n/a and turbo cal.

2.5 TIII cal would be nice too, they seem to be springing up, ;)

Simon,

We are just looking for ideas for new Options on cals. :D

Thanks for your input though:thumb:

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Simon,

We are just looking for ideas for new Options on cals. :D

Thanks for your input though:thumb:

Chris-TU

Ok, well a 2.5 TIII is an option, :partywoot:

Chris W
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok, well a 2.5 TIII is an option, :partywoot:

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't understand then.

There will most likely NOT be an option to double the amount of intake and exhaust valves at the flip of a switch.:p SORRY :(

Carry On...

Chris-TU

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Wideband O2 capable
Better fuel ecomony, driveability, possibly ignition/boost retard under boost over a set (reading) voltage or even fuel inrichment

small LCD display with 2-4 set perimeters
maybe like wideband O2 (as with above suggestion) , map voltage coverted to psi as read by the map sensor, coolant temp. ect..
could eliminate extra gauges or at least a view of what the ecm is seeing without a scan tool

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't understand then.

There will most likely NOT be an option to double the amount of intake and exhaust valves at the flip of a switch.:p SORRY :(

Carry On...

Chris-TU

Aaahhahahha.

You've been listening to too many Grosch commercials, ;)

Chris W
08-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Aaahhahahha.

You've been listening to too many Grosch commercials, ;)

:lol: You've figured me out.

Chris-TU

altered7151
08-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I think some form of adjustable boost control would be a great option. I know you said you were going to do away with the 2-stage boost calibrations, but I'd like to see a way to be able to adjust the PWM on the boost solenoid so not only could you adjust the boost levels but also its onset. I know you can adjust this using chem or d-cal, but I'm not sure how viable an option it would be doing it externally through an adjustable pot or something along those lines. If you consider the price of electronic boost controllers, it would be a steal to have that option on a custom cal.

vcrpro3
08-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Possibility of adding charge temp input to 2.5 T-1 cals?,Activating Cruise control if not activated in LM/SMEC/SBEC?

turbovanmanČ
08-24-2007, 01:18 AM
:lol: You've figured me out.

Chris-TU

No problem, Thankch, :nod:

Possibility of adding charge temp input to 2.5 T-1 cals?,Activating Cruise control if not activated in LM/SMEC/SBEC?

They already do that. ;)

NeonShowCar
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I haven't followed what you guys are doing but here is an idea.

If you had selectable programs in one chip. For instance, (4) calibrations in one chip with a selectable dial to switch between each program. Could have different octane calbrations with different boost levels.

What if you could use the check engine light as a shift light? That is programmable by end user, he/she sets their own shift light.

What if you had an EGT safety route or Wideband O2. A route that would monitor the EGT / Wideband O2 if unsafe it would pull spark, dump more fuel.

Maybe you got something like these already....

badandy
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't know if it is possible but if so wide band compatibility should be at the top of the list I would think.

mrboost
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Man, you guys are full of ideas! OK, the 2 stage rev-limiter that I've been using on my car is set like this... Cruise control on/off switch activates it, so if it's off you can rev right to normal rev-limit, when it's on and the brake pedel is pressed, and the ECU sees over a certian amount of TPS it switches rev-limits to the lower "launch" setting until you let off the brake pedel or lift the throttle below the limiters threshold.

Wide band shouldn't be a problem, but you'll most likely have to get your own interface for the sensor, I'm not sure if I can get our primitave ECUs to drive a WBO2.

Check engine light knock warning is already there, and I have filters so that there are different thresholds for knock during part throttle and WOT. I found that sometimes, the light knock during part throttle heavy tip-in was annoying to see light the CEL at wierd times, so I made the option a little more robust and less annoying, now you can be sure that if you see the warning light, you better lift!!

Built in shift light can be via the check engine light, but only if you don't have the knock warning. It can also be set to a pin on the 60 way to hook up to a light/LED that you can install or "hide" anywhere in the car. I have one in a heater vent.:)

The biggest limitation to these options on OUR cars is the limited amount of channels on the A/D converter, so it gets a little tougher to add things like PWM boost adjust, BUT it's not impossible, I just have to figure out a way to get the input into the ECU without loosing any sensor inputs that the ECU needs to tune your fuel, spark, boost, ect.

The T-III 2.5L cals won't be a problem, I'll get to work on finding a test car, and if I can't.... well, my LeBaron could use a little more airflow anyway!

Take care guys, and thanks!

entity
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
if i knew more about the previous app. and what it did over stock I might want to chime in, with my previous expierence in other rodded machines, but never a t.d.

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Wide band shouldn't be a problem, but you'll most likely have to get your own interface for the sensor, I'm not sure if I can get our primitave ECUs to drive a WBO2.

Innovation (LC-1 ?)has a set-up for stand alone computers that should work great
has it's own controller with different outputs to an ecm and uses a "cheap" standard vw wideband O2 sensor

Bubba
08-24-2007, 11:50 PM
I have the Innovate set-up. I know it has 2 analog outputs to be used for different things.

spaceman
08-25-2007, 08:47 PM
i know its not so disirable but my cousin in pa just picked up a tona with the 3.0 in it and he asked me if there are any comp. for it (i currently have the 3.0 hence why he asked me ) but i told him probably not cause it not in demand .then i took him to this site and totally messed him up .now hes on a turbo kick. let me know

RoadWarrior222
08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
While I'd love to "see" a 3.0 cal, I can't put my hand on my heart and swear I'd buy one, coz I'm too poor/cheap. Although if it turned out "kickass", as in, 40HP with no other mods, thru 50 or 60 with intake mods (plus what they usually get), then I might seriously consider selling internal organs. But if it just got 10 or so, then it would be a ... meh... kinda thing.

spaceman
08-26-2007, 09:20 PM
well like i said my cousin brian dont know what he wants to do now that i showed him this site .my opinon i got the 3.o in the shadow now and would like to put one in (like u said if it was a considerable gain and wasnt to exspensive ) for now while i had to wait to put in the t2 (times are tough tho so even that has to wait:( ) but would like to see one made .:eyebrows:

contraption22
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
You mentioned NOS activation... how about NOS enrichment? Allowing the user to choose a desired dry shot to be compensated thru the fuel injectors.
A completely integrated N20 system.

Will Martin
08-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I know this may seem like a far reach, but how about something to compliment the computer. Like a control box that's connected to the modified cal to control additional features/functions that can't be controlled by the ECU? Since we are working with late 70's tech, how about a some kind of box where we could add and modifiy certain options on the fly? Or is this reaching too much?

contraption22
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
How about calibrations set to run on E85 fuel?

shadow88
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll be open and admit I don't know what is possible and what is simply dreaming as far as this subject goes. Is it possible to use an egt input in addition to say......a wideband input to add fuel and/or pull timing?

I love the nitrous idea.

Is it possible to have a high octane gas mode like an srt-4skin?

cordes
08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
How about some sort of distributorless system.

TurboGLH
08-28-2007, 09:56 AM
How about some sort of distributorless system.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f48/139396-electronic-distributor-adapter.html

Not completely distributorless if you're running a 2.2/2.5, but it does allow for a separate coil pack or even COP running under a smec/sbec/LM for a 2.2/2.5 and completely distributorless for a 2.0/2.4 running the NGC and old style crank sensors under the same computers.

Sloride
09-10-2007, 03:07 AM
not nearly as complex as previous ideas but how about a simple trouble code reset button so you dont have to disconnect battery to clear trouble codes and suffer through the "relearn" cycle of the ecm. (would have the added benefit of not having to redo your radio clock and channels/settings :) )

RoadWarrior222
09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure if that's possible, since it's "learnt" settings may be based on whatever sensors it faulted. i.e. it's using default values for them 'coz it's thinks they're screwed. One would have to implement a rollback to a "good" set of learned settings, which might not necessarily run good, if you're using different gas or have changed your plugs. You don't want to end up with a set of cold weather, winter gas spark advance settings in the middle of summer. You might floor it and knock like hell.

ikknown
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
CryO2 system for intercooler spray and fuel rail coolers etc?

moparzrule
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
You mentioned NOS activation... how about NOS enrichment? Allowing the user to choose a desired dry shot to be compensated thru the fuel injectors.
A completely integrated N20 system.

I like this idea.....I just don't want to be the first person to try it and see if it works :D

turbovanmanČ
10-13-2007, 06:27 PM
The T-III 2.5L cals won't be a problem, I'll get to work on finding a test car, and if I can't.... well, my LeBaron could use a little more airflow anyway!

Ahem, ;)