PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Converted Their Holley Carb to Weber?

2.216VTurbo
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
So thought it's not MY project, my brother's Rampage is coming along. Runs better than ever but still gets terrible (for a carbed Rampage, seen reports of 35+MPG ave) milage.

I was a day late to the Lofink carb sale :o and missed that one. Got some advice to search Ebay for another, there are so many stinkin Weber carbs:eek:

Anyone (who has preferably done it) swap to a Weber, if so which one? DFEV, DFAV, DGAS ??? Too many intials and I dont know which one fits the 2.2 manifold...

He is doing the five lug (from a LeBaron GTC with 16") swap today after work, he wants to run those GTC wheels but I dont even know if the 16's are gonna fit... Any tips on the conversion, my 'Page was already converted to five lug before I got it:D

boneyardracing
08-24-2007, 12:20 PM
This should help:
http://www.surpluselectron.com/aaron/mods.htm

Dominic
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I picked up a weber weber DGAV 32/36. The throttle linkage is on the same side as the holley (I believe the DFAV has the linkage on the opposite side of the carb), though a slight modification is required to the linkage to get it to fit to the weber (PM me and I'll get more into detail). Easy enough to swap over, though I haven't yet competed the swap, but my carb is ready.

johnl
08-24-2007, 02:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mikuni-33-Smoothbore-racing-carbs-carburetors_W0QQitemZ320151303208QQihZ011QQcategor yZ35597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whydontchatrythose?

2.216VTurbo
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mikuni-33-Smoothbore-racing-carbs-carburetors_W0QQitemZ320151303208QQihZ011QQcategor yZ35597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whydontchatrythose?

Uh, thanks John, just what I want to do, spend days builing a custom manifold for a project thats NOT MINE:p Hey, maybe I could give Duncan your number and he can bring the Rampage over to YOUR house to work on it:evil:

2.216VTurbo
08-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I picked up a weber weber DGAV 32/36. The throttle linkage is on the same side as the holley (I believe the DFAV has the linkage on the opposite side of the carb), though a slight modification is required to the linkage to get it to fit to the weber (PM me and I'll get more into detail). Easy enough to swap over, though I haven't yet competed the swap, but my carb is ready.

Sweet, thanks for the difinative answer, just put in a bid on a used one on ebay:thumb: There are plenty of buy it now rebuild kits for the dgav 32/36 too:)

Bro got the front hubs changed over to five lugs with the 11.25" brakes last night. I am gonna help him with the rears and bleed everything in a few hours after work. I still am leery that those 16" GTC wheel are gonna clear everything... Also the tie rod ends need to be adjusted now, GTC must have had 'quick ratio' with the holes machined in a different spot on the pitman arm (wrong term but I dont know what to call that part of the knuckle) because both wheels are pointe out now:o

Updates later. thanks again Cooter:thumb:

Dominic
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Updates later. thanks again Cooter:thumb:

No probs, I do what little I can.....

54inches
08-31-2010, 01:47 PM
ttt for the newbs like me.

ScottD
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Take a look at my project log 85 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 high output.

I have the Weber 32/36 DFEV carb on my car. I'm getting 24-26 mpg around town and have gotten 30 on the highway. I think it can do a little better on the highway if I got a full tank of highway driving on it.

I hope I covered everything in the project log but if you have Qs you can PM me, sometimes it is hard to keep up with threads, I don't always get the notification the thread was bumped.

contraption22
08-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Anybody know if these will work with an automatic trans?

ScottD
09-01-2010, 07:31 AM
There is a guy on TD who put one on his auto Caravan. His user name is Wizard. He is very knowledgeable BUT I disagree with him on two points he stated on TD.

One - he changed the jets in his carb. I have not seen the need to do this, in fact my car has a ported head, oversized MP valves, UD pulley, 88 TBI roller cam, and a full 2.25 exhaust with no cat and my a/f ratio is just a smidge rich.

Two - he states that there is a bog with the stock spark control and that you should convert to a vac advance distributor. I am running vac to the spark control computer with the stock distributor and have never experienced this bog. Now ... if you don't have the choke dialed in correctly, yes it will bog, but that is not hard to do at all.

I don't see why this wouldn't work very well on an automatic. Mike - it's too bad you don't live closer, I'd throw you the keys to the Turismo and let you take it for a drive.

2.216VTurbo
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
The LeRampage has looong since been converted to TII with an 88 LeBaron drivetrain. Now if Duncan would just finish the wiring and the last 10% of the project:p We never did get the carbed set up to get decent mileage/power/driveabilty:o

ScottD
09-01-2010, 10:33 AM
doh! didn't realize how old the initial thread was!