PDA

View Full Version : Aug 25th Carrol Shelby!!

Turbo Joe
08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
this coming weekend at Tasca Ford in Cranston RI Mr. Shelby, John Force, and a couple others will be there in Person to sign and meet greet. I believe if I heard the commercial right its a fund raiser as well.. Big P got the exact address? I forgot where it is.. anyhow I'm sure Carrol wouldn't mind seeing his favorite 86 s car there, HINT HINT Mark!! anyhow just passing it along since most of my chapter is on this board...:D I'm definatly gonna try and make it down there!!:amen:

mcsvt
08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Darn all be down in NJ this weekend, wrong direction :(

Frank
08-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Dang, that would be sweet to attend. Thanks for the heads up Joe.

Marcus86GLHS
08-23-2007, 05:22 AM
JOE thanks for the heads-up, i didnt see this on our club schedule does Bill Baker know about this?

is there a link to more info? or can you post the specifics, time of the event?

i am sitting here watching the local weather and the guy says Saturday is gonna for sure be ripe with severe t-storms but if that changes I might swing by w/ the car.

Turbo Joe
08-23-2007, 10:35 PM
i looked for a link at tasca fords website but didn't see anything.. if you go to 94hjy.com and listen live its the local rock radio station around here and you'll eventually hear the commercial... yea i hear its a iffy kinda weather outlook too... I'll try to find out more... oh yea Bill might know about it now... I guess I was the first to spread the word..figured this would be the way to do it..

SL#63
08-25-2007, 07:27 AM
http://www.tasca.com/custom/mustang.pdf

Tasca Ford is right off of I-95 in Cranston. IIRC it's exit 14 to rte 37, then the first exit on rte 37 (#3 for Pontiac ave). Turn left at the bottom of the ramp and it's @ 1/8 mile on the left.

BadFastGTC
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Damn! I was just in Cranston this past Thurday evening!

http://www.tasca.com/custom/mustang.pdf

Tasca Ford is right off of I-95 in Cranston. IIRC it's exit 14 to rte 37, then the first exit on rte 37 (#3 for Pontiac ave). Turn left at the bottom of the ramp and it's @ 1/8 mile on the left.

SL#63
08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I just got back.

Couldn't park on the grounds as the place was packed (I doubt they would have let me in anyway...99% Mustangs, with the balance being vintage Fords and a few specialty model trucks). Surprisingly, lots of trailered stuff outside the event on the side streets though, so I didn't feel too bad about being declined access!

I did go in, walked the aisles, checked out the Shelby Design wheel tent (didn't know that was still going on!) and talked to a group of guys who said that Shelby was NOT signing autographs (apparently there was a form to fill out with your donation, and a signed picture would be sent). I overheard another conversation near the "Shelby American" Semi, and it sounded like he wasn't even coming outside due to the heat!

Lot's of folks on line (probably a few hundred) for the autograph tent, but of the folks scheduled to sign, only John Force had arrived by the time I left at noon. Probably would have been a fun stroll around, but with the heat, and having to carry my daughter around on my shoulders...it just wasn't worth it (gotta get that A/C working:nod: ).

Marcus86GLHS
08-25-2007, 02:34 PM
thanks for the report sorry you didnt get to meet carroll, this heat/humidity is pretty intimidating.

w/ carroll back with ford, we are once again orphaned from his thought process. the shelby-ford products will do well i bet.

Turbo Joe
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm back aswell. I got John Force to sign my sfi race jacket.. and got a couple other autographs, but Carroll was in his trailer and wasn't feeling good.
He did come out for a little bit but went right back inside...:( Lots of nice cars there, the shelbys of coarse, and pretty good rock band too.. That 08 GT500KR that is on Ebay right now was there. Very nice car but with an opening bid of 99k, its not that nice...oh-well, someday I'll meet Mr Shelby