PDA

View Full Version : You TWO, Explain yourselves!

minigts
08-22-2007, 04:11 PM
moparzrule
Authorized Vendor
Turbo Mopar Vendor

One of the best flowing ported stock exhaust manifolds around-
$75 shipped to your door + $25 core charge. EGT drill/tap, optional- $10.

Ok, so I'd like to inquire about the exhaust and I guess start figuring out what I need and how I can determine the matching to my current head I have. What info would you need?

turbovanman
The dead toolshed and Staff!!
Turbo Mopar Vendor

Real HID kits from $190, :O)

And the HID's....Where do I find out more? No link or further info in your profile. Any pictures of these installed and can I get them for an L body (Charger)?

turbovanmanČ
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
My HID thread in the general vendor section has lots of pics, before and after. You need to buy some replacement lenses that use an H4 bulb. I tried them on my full size van that uses the same lense and didn't like the outcome. I have to do some more experimenting.

GLHNSLHT2
08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
what lenses did you use in your fullsize van and why didn't you like it? What are you going to experiment with?

turbovanmanČ
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
what lenses did you use in your fullsize van and why didn't you like it? What are you going to experiment with?

See my HID thread. Not sure, going to try them again when I have more time.

moparzrule
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, sorry about that. Best way to get me is to send a PM.
I don't need any info about your head other than it's not some radically ported and altered head that has ports larger than the gasket! I gasket match my manifolds so if the head has been gasket matched it's perfect. If the head is still slightly smaller than the gasket (like most) than it's still fine because the manifold is larger. The stock manifold port is actually smaller than the port on the head so the exhaust hits a wall on it's way out- not cool. So it's better to have a larger as you kind of thing so exhaust does not have any obstruction. Sorry again about missing this thread, if interested just PM me. I am scheduling like 2 months out right now.

Birddog
11-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Do you plan on getting a ported mani and HID's at the same time??

GLHSKEN
11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
John, You could have seen Matts work while you were here. There was one less than 5 feet from you the whole time. Still in the box he shipped the manifold to me in.

minigts
11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Do you plan on getting a ported mani and HID's at the same time??

Maybe... I'm still interested in getting the chip programmer kit before anything else. Need to get the IC routed. That's just a travesty to have a nice FMIC sitting there and not really doing anything. :(

minigts
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
John, You could have seen Matts work while you were here. There was one less than 5 feet from you the whole time. Still in the box he shipped the manifold to me in.

Well now Ken that wasn't a part of the tour. I guess if I had paid the extra $5 for the headphones and tour guide, I would have been made aware. ;)

But if you purchased one, I'm confident the work would be good. For some crazy reason, I trust all you yahoos on this board, even the Canadian ones.

GLHSKEN
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Matt does EXCELLENT work. And he listens and learns from input. BTW, pleasure having you at the house, sorry for the police "enthusiasm". glad no ill came of it...

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Well now Ken that wasn't a part of the tour. I guess if I had paid the extra $5 for the headphones and tour guide, I would have been made aware. ;)

But if you purchased one, I'm confident the work would be good. For some crazy reason, I trust all you yahoos on this board, even the Canadian ones.

Hey, hey, be nice, :( ;)

GLHSKEN
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM
He was, It was GREAT to get to know him while he was at 'Palooza..

minigts
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey, hey, be nice, :( ;)

I feel like I can say these things because my wife is Canadian. Kinda like how people who tell racy jokes can tell them as long as they are that religion, nationality, race, etc. So with my wife being Canadian, it's like I'M Canadian, just without the hockey. :D Besides, I listen to your advice Simon, always a good source o' info, eh. ;)

He was, It was GREAT to get to know him while he was at 'Palooza..

Thanks for the words. Next time I'm bringing my wife and backup so there are even MORE people at T'Palooza! I'm still telling stories about what I heard and how much fun I had. Especially still telling the 'rollus pollus' story. That ALWAYS seems to get a good laugh.

moparzrule
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Need to get the IC routed. That's just a travesty to have a nice FMIC sitting there and not really doing anything. :(

Hehe, I just got my FMIC plumbed in last week after being already mounted on the car for 2 months! And before it was mounted on the car it sat for 2 months too! :thumb:

Ken, thanks for the kind words :nod:

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I feel like I can say these things because my wife is Canadian. Kinda like how people who tell racy jokes can tell them as long as they are that religion, nationality, race, etc. So with my wife being Canadian, it's like I'M Canadian, just without the hockey. :D Besides, I listen to your advice Simon, always a good source o' info, eh. ;)

Aww shucks, thanks!!! :nod:

Sloride
11-22-2007, 03:36 AM
For some crazy reason, I trust all you yahoos on this board, even the Canadian ones.

If you need any snow, let us know.