PDA

View Full Version : TU Calibrations

mrboost
08-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Chris and I thought that before we sent out the remaining cals and cores that it would be a good idea to provide everyone with an overview of the coming changes. Also for those of you still waiting on a cal or a core, they'll be shipped the first week of September.

Chris and I WILL be selling calibrations together again, however, I have to say to everyone please don't hold anything against Chris and TU regarding a calibration sale, they are my babies and the delays that have happened in the past are totally my fault. So if you never buy a cal from me or just hate me in general, fine, just don't hold it against him or boycott TU for something that wasn't his fault. Life happens, things happens, my life required a shift in priorities. Now with "things" in the past Chris and I have spent some time together and we will soon be able to provide calibrations once again. With my two moves and other family matters behind us I will be able to devote the time needed to these cals so that they will arrive in a timely fashion.

Now, let’s talk a little about our new calibrations. We have added many new features that have not been available in this market up until now. Shift Light control, Alcohol injection control, Two-Stage Launch Rev Limiter, Turbo “Bang-Bang” Fast Spool Option and selective cylinder enrichment or enleanment. We can also provide output control based on any input parameter desired. Some of those options border on custom calibrations and we will offer custom cals again, but not right away, the majority of our calibrations will be package based with some of the above options available depending on what type of cal it is. Also, we're actually removing one of the options we used to have, 2 stage boost control. I’ve found that it isn’t a compromise worth making as far as taking an input away from the ECU, especially when so many people use some form of manual boost control. I’ve looked at the differences on my own daily driver and it really does make the car nicer to drive.

New Cals will be available for the following vehicles:

TIII 91-94
8-Valve SBEC II Turbo 1
TC Maserati 16 and 8 Valve applications, and more to come in the future.

We created a sticky post in this section that for help with a lot of common problems that people experiance when first installing a performance calibration, and I will be adding a lot to that section based on experiances with customers, but we ask that if you post there PLEASE keep it on topic and if possible read to see if that topic was already covered...THANKS!

We’ll post again once the website is up and cals are available again, talk to you all soon!

Paul

90Dodgevnt
08-21-2007, 10:10 PM
:banaride: :dancingbana: :banaride: :dancingbana:

Welcome back!

Looking forward to one of your cals very soon!:D

Mike

SpoolinGLH
08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Everyone has issues in life, so thats understandable......anywho I'll be checking for an update everyday.:nod:

Bubba
08-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome back Paul!

NeonShowCar
08-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Wow - I go away for 6 yrs and come back to find out that Paul is not making calibrations. How you doing Paul - long time.....

2.216VTurbo
08-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Hmm, did I read something about 16V Masi cals???:thumb:

Rumor has it there are a whole bunch of guys running those out west, maybe a dyno day/custom cal day is in order. I can get 5-6 guys signed up no problem...

turbovanman²
08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm glad you got things worked out and in order. Now to cals, :thumb:

mrboost
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Wow - I go away for 6 yrs and come back to find out that Paul is not making calibrations. How you doing Paul - long time.....

Actually, I could say more... At least I'm making calibrations again, YOU don't even live in Michigan any more!

Doing OK, I've been working at Chrysler for over a year now, I'm at CTC, and I thought you were working in the GEMA plant, what's up with Cali? Still work for Chry?

mrboost
08-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Hmm, did I read something about 16V Masi cals???:thumb:

Rumor has it there are a whole bunch of guys running those out west, maybe a dyno day/custom cal day is in order. I can get 5-6 guys signed up no problem...

Yeah, I've heard that! ;) Actually, I've been doing Masi and Hybrid stuff for a while, just didn't separate them from the rest of the cals, because we've always listed them based on ECU type, then MAP sensor type, and then the spec sheets did the rest!

I don't plan on setting out on any out of town dyno days any time soon, they are a big ordeal to plan and execute, and at least for the time being I don't want to take any time away from making sure orders get filled and after that R&D for new stuff. If after a while we see that doing these package based cals allows more time, then we'll get back to the dyno days.

NeonShowCar
08-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Actually, I could say more... At least I'm making calibrations again, YOU don't even live in Michigan any more!

Doing OK, I've been working at Chrysler for over a year now, I'm at CTC, and I thought you were working in the GEMA plant, what's up with Cali? Still work for Chry?

I meant you were "now" making calibrations. What you doing up at CTC? Yes I was down at GEMA for almost 4 yrs, then had an opportunity of a lifetime come up out in Cali. So, I left Chrysler - and started working for Gale Banks Engineering. Been out in Cali now for almost 5 months. These guys (well actually Alan) got me out to a couple of SDAC meets out here, and looks like I'll be building a project soon. :D

johnl
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Click on the link and watch the video.
Ya gotta love those cherry red headers!

2.216VTurbo
08-23-2007, 01:25 AM
I meant you were "now" making calibrations. What you doing up at CTC? Yes I was down at GEMA for almost 4 yrs, then had an opportunity of a lifetime come up out in Cali. So, I left Chrysler - and started working for Gale Banks Engineering. Been out in Cali now for almost 5 months. These guys (well actually Alan) got me out to a couple of SDAC meets out here, and looks like I'll be building a project soon. :D

That's right and if you miss another meeting because of inconsequentials like finding a place to live or something, it goes on your permanant record:lol: We will find you a project, you just need to be selective and find the RIGHT project. BTW lead on a very cheap but drives 85 Shelby Charger from one of our San Diego connections...:eyebrows:
I know you wanted blue/silver (or silver/blue) but this one is black/silver

Clay
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
I can get 5-6 guys signed up no problem...

5 - 6 actual people or just YOUR cars with 5 or 6 people driving them?!?! :lol:

NeonShowCar
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
That's right and if you miss another meeting because of inconsequentials like finding a place to live or something, it goes on your permanant record:lol: We will find you a project, you just need to be selective and find the RIGHT project. BTW lead on a very cheap but drives 85 Shelby Charger from one of our San Diego connections...:eyebrows:
I know you wanted blue/silver (or silver/blue) but this one is black/silver

I got next weeks meeting on my calendar , so I try to plan my day to be able to make it out. Hook a brother up on this lead - no matter if its Black/Silver, my first one back in 89' was that color, especially if its a driver already. San Diego isn't that far away...

Sorry for the side bar. Good luck with the cals - seeing I'm not at Chrysler anymore, will need someone to make me one up once I've got a combination together.

Tim
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
How about making some calibrations for the N/A 3.0 V6? They REALLY need something!

Chris W
08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
How about making some calibrations for the N/A 3.0 V6? They REALLY need something!

Find someone in the Detroit area that is willing to donate their vehicle for testing and we may consider it. Contact me (NOT Paul) for details.

Chris-TU

turbovanman²
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Thats a great idea, and a turbo cal also, :thumb:

Ondonti
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
doesnt yogurt have a car..i think a few TD members have 3.0's kicking around in detroit.

Most of the 3.0 community is willing to swap to whatever year engine management that is modded.

8valves
08-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm excited for the this... plenty of things that need to be updated on my cal for this year. :)

stage3
09-04-2007, 11:25 PM
My cal from last year has problems.

Chris W
09-05-2007, 02:06 PM
My cal from last year has problems.

Once all of the back orders have been completed we will be addressing any cal issues from previous orders. With the new equipment we have available to us now cal issues will not be a problem in the future.

Chris-TU

SpoolinGLH
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Dang, I thought the new post was gonna say " Orders are available now".......:(

Mario_V
09-06-2007, 12:23 AM
New Cals will be available for the following vehicles:

8-Valve SBEC II Turbo 1

I´ll sure buy one of those!

janus
05-10-2009, 04:28 PM
it might be ignorant to post this in this old thread, but what's the plan on sbec-2 cals?

turbovanman²
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
it might be ignorant to post this in this old thread, but what's the plan on sbec-2 cals?

Nothing from TU, you'll have to hit up FWD or make your own.

Chris W
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Nothing from TU, you'll have to hit up FWD or make your own.

Hey, not so fast there Simon. :P

We are working on a few things and anticipate an official announcement around SDAC.

Chris-TU

janus
05-11-2009, 03:19 AM
hehe, i'm glad i awakened this thread ;) that definately sounds like something to look forward to!

turbovanman²
05-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Hey, not so fast there Simon. :P

We are working on a few things and anticipate an official announcement around SDAC.

Chris-TU

Lol, ok, I'll bite, :thumb: