PDA

View Full Version : E85 Ethanol fuel???

sikboy
08-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Has anyone here on TM used or thought about using the new E85 Ethanol fuel? I was thinking about it but don't know if the fuel system will accept it? Seems like a better fuel considering it will be at the pump, has higher octane rating, slightly cheaper, runs cooler and cleaner, and would not require an intercooler. Flex fuel mayber a cheaper solution for more performance with less expense for parts. Just an idea any input on this subject?

Mr Sik

1FastCSX289
08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Has anyone here on TM used or thought about using the new E85 Ethanol fuel? I was thinking about it but don't know if the fuel system will accept it? Seems like a better fuel considering it will be at the pump, has higher octane rating, slightly cheaper, runs cooler and cleaner, and would not require an intercooler. Flex fuel mayber a cheaper solution for more performance with less expense for parts. Just an idea any input on this subject?

Mr Sik

I have thought about it. The problem is that the alcohol is corrosive, so it will attack metal lines, tanks, fuel pumps, etc. |There are a lot of parts that need to be switched to "alcohol friendly" parts. But, yea....youre right. It is a much nicer fuel to run in a turbo engine.