PDA

View Full Version : Smec Pins

show-off
12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I am adding an IAT/ACT sensor to my CSXT and I know the power goes to pin #21 and the other to ground, but how do the pins work and how do I get one to add it? Any desciptions or pics would be great.

JDAWG
12-21-2005, 02:38 PM
email sent

show-off
12-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the e-mail...but still al little confused. Could you please expound on what i am looking at?
Thanks

JDAWG
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
well you would have to take the pins out and just match to the pictures of what you need. What particular terminal I really am not sure

show-off
12-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Anyone know or have an extra smec "pin" to wire this sensor in?

iniviate
12-22-2005, 12:02 PM
i went to the junkyard and got a couple of pins with some wire attached. plus this give you a chance to learn how to get the connector apart, without messing yours up.

i found the easiest way to install a new pin is to take a screwdriver and pry out the red plastic part on the front of the connector. then take a drill bit and drill a small hole in the backside of the connector. be careful not to drill into anything else, you just want to make a hole so you can slide the pin through. once the drill bit goes through the plastic, go back the the front of the connector. there will be a small black plastic piece that's now loose and you can pull out with some needle nose plyers. once that's out just slide your new connector in through the back side untill it clicks. you can then install the red plastic thing you removed at the start.

hope this helps...

show-off
12-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys.

Una
12-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Anyone know or have an extra smec "pin" to wire this sensor in?
I usually look at the diagram and grab an unused/un-needed one.. AC, Cruise control, or something like that.. When I don't have a TBI parts car handy to yank one from. ;)

firebaron90
12-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Show off, I did the same thing that someone above advised. I cut off a connector from a v-6 j yard SBEC. I took it apart to see how it goes together, then added the pin into point 21 on my sbec harness. I have several left over pins if you want one, but i would suggest taking that advice. it helped greatly. I actually used a sewing needle to make my hole for the pin. Like when i made model dioramas of crashed WWII airplanes (bullet holes), i heated the sewing needle untill it was red hot, and melted a hole in the connector that way. Made a nice hole, with a lip on it, so the connector snaped in snugly.

Joe

show-off
12-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Show off, I did the same thing that someone above advised. I cut off a connector from a v-6 j yard SBEC. I took it apart to see how it goes together, then added the pin into point 21 on my sbec harness. I have several left over pins if you want one, but i would suggest taking that advice. it helped greatly. I actually used a sewing needle to make my hole for the pin. Like when i made model dioramas of crashed WWII airplanes (bullet holes), i heated the sewing needle untill it was red hot, and melted a hole in the connector that way. Made a nice hole, with a lip on it, so the connector snaped in snugly.

Joe

Are all the pins the same? Smec & Sbec? I have a guy that was a charger guy that can do it, but he doesn't have anything anymore. I just need a pin and he can do it. I don't have ac anymore so maybe he can yank that one.
Thanks,
Mark

firebaron90
12-24-2005, 12:41 PM
As i said, if you want one i can throw it in the mail. just send me a address.

joe