PDA

View Full Version : How does the oil cap screw in?

turbovanmanČ
08-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Anyone have any pics of the underside, can't remember and trying to see if it will work with what I have in mind.

Turbodave
08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Note: before starting disconnect negative battery cable and put on safety glasses

Grasp cap firmly in your right hand, hold with the writing side towards your palm
Place cap into oil fill hole at top of valve cover, be sure that the threaded side of the cap is down
Rotate the cap in a clockwise direction until a clicking noise is heard indicating that the maximum torque value is reached.

:D

Seriously though, they use a threaded cap like all neons, do you need a picture of the cap or the valve cover?

turbovanmanČ
08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Seriously though, they use a threaded cap like all neons, do you need a picture of the cap or the valve cover?

Funny guy, :(

Seriously, I need a pic of the oil cap threads or whatever they use, either lock tangs etc.

Speedeuphoria
08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
no locks or tangs, just threads and an O ring
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n314/speedeuphoria/vc2.jpg

mcsvt
08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
It screws down then clicks. Dave's write-up was spot on :eyebrows:

It doesn't have two tangs like our 8valve motors.

RoadWarrior222
08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
:banghead: damn, all this time I've been holding the cap still and have had to get 6 buddies over to spin the car round for me...... :bolt:

turbovanmanČ
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
:banghead: damn, all this time I've been holding the cap still and have had to get 6 buddies over to spin the car round for me...... :bolt:

Maybe you were undoing the "710" cap? :lol:

Thanks, I think it will work. :thumb:

contraption22
08-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I never figured out how to remove my oil cap, so I had to get one of those rotisseries to refill my oil after i drained it. Thanks guys!

Turbodave
08-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I never figured out how to remove my oil cap, so I had to get one of those rotisseries to refill my oil after i drained it. Thanks guys!

C'mon Mike, it's step 3, you should know that.