PDA

View Full Version : Dual diaphram wastegate?

moparzrule
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
How exactly does a dual diaphram wastegate work? How do I hook it up? Do I need 2 manual boost controllers? Can I just hook 1 up and will it work like a normal wastegate? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-12-2007, 11:14 PM
dual dia. rule
I've been trying to get more internal wastegate guys to switch to them

the port farther to the rod gets hooked directly to manifold
the port closer to the rod goes thru a manual boost controller (turbonetics, or a air press. regulator)
you can set the reg. to whatever press. you want your boost to be

when the manifold pressure is higher then the set press. it pushes the wastegate open
easy as that

Very reliable and consistant
If it has an adjustable wastegate rod
set it so when the hole in the rod is half way over the swingvalve in length
then pull the rod over the swingvalve (did that make sense?)

you'll love it
others have used graingers and such but.... not sure on it that way

Pandemoniac
08-12-2007, 11:25 PM
With the dual port the engine vacuum will help close the wastegate faster right? Where can you find one of these?

turbovanmanČ
08-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Thats some darn good info right there and yeah, fuzzy on the rod adjustment, :confused:

I believe some year mitsu's had a dual wastegate can.

moparzrule
08-13-2007, 06:08 AM
It's similar to this one-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wastegate-Actuator-Dual-Port-T3-T4-Hybrid-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ007QQite mZ170138099442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

So the advantages are they are more accurate and faster reacting?

moparzrule
08-13-2007, 06:11 AM
''fuzzy on the rod adjustment, :confused: ''

Thats the part I understood! LOL. He means put some preload on it, the hole on the wastegate about 1/2 way over the post it attaches too and pull it onto it. Sounds like about 1/8''-1/4'' of preload.
Mine is adjustable. Thanks for the info everybody!

Pandemoniac
08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
It's similar to this one-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wastegate-Actuator-Dual-Port-T3-T4-Hybrid-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ007QQite mZ170138099442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

So the advantages are they are more accurate and faster reacting?

So I guess one like that will bolt right up to our garretts?

moparzrule
08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Yup it will.

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-13-2007, 08:29 PM
''fuzzy on the rod adjustment, :confused: ''

Thats the part I understood! LOL. He means put some preload on it, the hole on the wastegate about 1/2 way over the post it attaches too and pull it onto it. Sounds like about 1/8''-1/4'' of preload.
Mine is adjustable. Thanks for the info everybody!

exactly v:thumb:

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
With the dual port the engine vacuum will help close the wastegate faster right? Where can you find one of these?

any of our vendors that carry turbonectic parts should be able to get it
Summit sells them pretty cheap but you'll need the part # because it's not in any of the newer catlogs I've seen