PDA

View Full Version : crankcase evaction system

Wayne
08-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Has anybody put a better pcv system on there Tlll. I'm getting ready to drill a hole in each valve cover and run them into the exhaust. I see jegs,summit sell the kits for a v8. Do you have to use the breather or could I just drill two holes in the end of the valve covers? Install a 12an fitting and just use the one way valve that comes in the v8 kit to put in the exhaust.

Wayne

Turbo Joe
08-12-2007, 12:29 PM
for this to work right, you'll need free flowing exhaust. any kind of back pressure in the system will prevent the evac system from working. So it basically sounds like you want to route your evac system similar to Stephanes? he has them out of the covers into a catch can. One thing to keep in mind is, when you route your evac system into the exhaust, you have to be able to filter out any oil so it doesn't end up on the track. G/L

Wayne
08-12-2007, 02:26 PM
for this to work right, you'll need free flowing exhaust. any kind of back pressure in the system will prevent the evac system from working. So it basically sounds like you want to route your evac system similar to Stephanes? he has them out of the covers into a catch can. One thing to keep in mind is, when you route your evac system into the exhaust, you have to be able to filter out any oil so it doesn't end up on the track. G/L

Well the exhaust is free flowing with just a cat(shell all guts removed) and magaflow straight thru race muffler. How would you use a catch can and still keep a good vac from the exhaust? Don't they have breathers on the top that would loose the vac. You don't happen to have any pictures of his setup??

Wayne

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Check out this thread Wayne-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14642

t2_85_lebaron
08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
i bought the three dollar valve for mine, probalby just going to get a filter and leave it at that, ive seen it before.

Wayne
08-12-2007, 05:14 PM
That kit on boostedmopar is the one I was planning on buying. I just didn't want to use the breathers. I don't have clearance to clear the hood and I'm not sure there's room to drill a 1 1/4 hole in valve covers. I wanted to just drill a 12an line in the end of the valve cover. I have no problem running both 12an lines into a catch can and then into one of those one way valves in the exhaust. I would just think the breather on the catch can would loose the vac. from the exhaust and make it work no better than the stock setup. With the 12an fitting I could also make a baffle to sheild the oil not sure there's room with the 1 1/4 breather.

Wayne