PDA

View Full Version : Just had a funny traffic light encounter...

RoadWarrior222
08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi folks,

Just had something real funny happen...

I am on my way to pick up my wife, pull up at a set of lights, in the left turning lane is an MG-B, nothing in the lane to the right. So another car pulls up behind me and another behind the MG-B. I guess the guy on the right pulled up after this. Now the MG-B has some racing decals on it, and I think a hot cam, and it sounds like he's having to keep goosing it to keep it idling. It's got no cat of course, maybe a straight through muffler, so he's sitting there RUMMM popopop RRRRUMMM popopop (carbs I guess 'coz it's going lean in high vacuum). Now the MG-B is a little car... so I guess the guy in the Grand Am, couldn't see it and thought it was the car I was in, the terrible tempo, that was making this racket...

So the lights change, and I just set off normal, and the Grand Am lays rubber and shoots off, and I can see him craning to look in the rearview to see where I'd got to... It dawned on me then what had happened and I just bust out laughing.

It's been an odd day... earlier on I was walking up the street and there's two neighbours, one's got his push along lawnmower running and the other guys lawnmower is stopped, looks like he's having trouble with it, and the other guy is holding a set of jump leads, and I'm walking past shaking my head wondering if they're thinking what I think they're thinking..... It seriously looked as if they were trying to figure out where the hell to attach the jumper cables....

RW222

Vigo
08-12-2007, 12:04 AM
lol. i just got my tbi/523 minivan running and so far ive raced a dak r/t and a 4.3 blazer.. neither one noticed of course, and i lost both. lol driving slow cars is hilarious.