PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Fuel Lines in Laser XT and other fuel issues

iBorg
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm trying to get this car up and going. After letting it sit for ten years I've finally started trying to bring it to life. I've changed oil and coolant and added a battery. Using spray quick start it started and stumbled. I know I need a new fuel pump and am wondering about changing the lines while I'm doing this. I plan on cleaning the tank vry well while its down. Recommendations and hints? Also, I figure the injectors need cleaning. I'm wondering about putting them in an ultrasonic cleaner. Any fuel suggestions will be appreciated.

ShelbyZD
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Definately change your fuel filter.

Also, for all it costs to change your rubber fuel line... do it. Why risk having a fire for under $10? Make sure you put high pressure fuel line everywhere cept the return line.

supercrackerbox
08-12-2007, 01:07 AM
But if you're talking about the steel lines, I wouldn't worry about it unless necassary, it's a PITA. The fuel pump/filter keep it pretty well sealed on the back end, and if the hoses were hooked to the engine on the other end, you'll be fine.

tryingbe
08-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Use only fuel INJECTION lines. Do NOT use regular fuel line, they're not good for turbo dodges.

iBorg
08-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the words of wisdom. So if I replace the rubber lines only (using fuel injection line) I should be okay? Tomorrow should be fun.

Mike

supercrackerbox
08-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah. Anymore, hose will have "for/not for fuel injection use" stamped right on it. Also, do the ones back by the filter and fuel tank.

raccoon
08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
you can tell you have the right line when you cant believe how much more expensive it is.