Spearco fmic 1080 version
turbo xs blow off valve
stainless turbo lines
eibach springs
new struts
strut tower brace
bleed boost at 13lb
boost and a/f ratio guages

everything else is currently stock. I did some dyno runs to get a baseline measurement and she made 238whp on a 100 degree day so I thought that was ok for my current setup. I would post but can't on this computer. Basically the a/f ratio went between 11 and 12 the entire run. I have a few goodies that are not installed yet including stage 4 cal from fwdp, +40 injectors, 3 bar map and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I still only have the stock turbo.

My plans are to get atleast 350 whp and 90% street use and a daily driver. Because of budget and since I'm no mechanic I have to also pay someone to install everything, the build up will be done in stages and needs to keep the car as dependable as possible. I do not wish to use nitrous or alky injection. We do have 93 octane here in NC. Also, I am not opposed to use the Torco Accelerator.

Right now I am getting a remanufactured tranny since I was having a few issues with mine and it is out. While it is out I am getting some type of lsd and a new clutch and getting rid of the bleed to use another boost controller. I think I will go with the rev-lok and add and inch to the cable for streetablilty. I know it is overkill now but hopefully it want be too hard on my foot for daily driving. I want something I know will hold for the future and last.

My eventual mods I am thinking of doing after the above:

Check block and head
replace some hoses
cams reground to stage 1
adjustable cam gears
titanium retainers
port exhaust manifold, maybe intake and head as well
new fuel pump
maybe new fuel rail
maybe trimcal don't know if its worth it.
either hy35 holset or t3/t4 hybrid super 50 trim stage 2 or 3 wheel

I have a few questions for you t3 gurus.

With my current setup before I do my eventual mods. would I get more power if I went ahead and installed stage 4 cal, +40's, 3 bar map and afpr. Then adjusted the fuel pressure down since I still have stock turbo, grainger in aprox 18lb boost, since I read this was about the limit on stock turbo. Or just leave like is and set boost to 14.5. Also, about my long range goals of 350+ street whp. Do you think the above mods I'm planning will get me to my goals? I am hoping the bottom is ok like it is but will check. Any suggestions? Thanks

turbovanmanČ
08-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Your car is making good power, awesome.

I would get the cal and just get the turbo upgraded, cam sprockets, this will be your biggest gains. Super50 T3/T4 and either a stage 2 or 3 wheel will be nice. I might even have the elbow adapter for sale, ;)

Fuel pump is really a must do, if you have the original one, its probably about time to retire.

Cams are nice but you'll make your power goal without them, the Ti retainers are good for timing belt life.