PDA

View Full Version : My times from the races last weekend.

dds78910
08-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Well we had our local drags here last weekend and still not ruuning as fast as I would like. Before I teel my times I will explain a couple things. I am running street tires, our drag strip is not a drag strip it is a street shut down in town for some races and we are at 4300 feet elevation. Also it is only a 1/16 mile race (330ft).
The fastest run I had was 6.3 at 62 mph, I forget my exact 60 ft time but it sucks. I have a stock 523 tranny and dont want to be to hard on it and have it scatter on me. I either bog off the line or roast the tires, and they spin 1/2 way through second and the car starts to hook up. I barely shift into 3rd and the race is over. It is still alot of fun, even though it is bracket raceing.
There was a new Corvette (not Z06) running 6.1 and my friend has a late 90's mustang with the 4.6 and it is running 6.8 so I guess mine isnt to bad, I guess I was hoping for more. I did get 11 runs in which is pretty good for here.
I am tring to get a A413 rebuilt for next year and get some slicks put on and hopefully I can drop into the 5's.
Just wondering if someone had some close 330 ft times as me and was wondering if they could tell me there 1/8 and 1/4 times so I could have a idea what I might run?

turbovanmanČ
08-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Thats impressive, :thumb:

Why aren't you running the RT?

dds78910
08-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I want to but the wife is a little iffy about it, she said if the 8V breaks down it is no big deal since we only use it for racing, but if the R/T breaks then we are out a daily driver until it gets fixed. I probably didnt help that I showed her the price difference in some parts compared to the 8V.
There were some races last month and I wasnt sure if the 8V was going to be ready, and she said I could race the R/T but gave me a look like if it breaks she was going to let me know shes right.
I think she is just paranoid, she is kind of wanting to try racing and I told her next year she can race our truck (05 Hemi Ram) and she seems so afraid of something happening.