PDA

View Full Version : 1st in ahwile: Daytona VS. Ricer CRX

3Bar_Mopar
02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I was coming off the interstate near my old house and I got the light at the exit. I noticed a small car behind me with blue turn signals....tell-tale signs of rice. When the light turned green, I give a little "spirited" throttle and go on around the corner, which opens to two lanes. The ricer is right on my butt the whole time.
I was thinking that if I slow down a little, when the the lane opens he will try to buzz around me and take the outside lane.
Sure enough, I slow down and he jumps in the other lane. I wait until he's almost right beside me, a little black primer CRX with black wheels riding lowered suspension farting wildly away, and I nail it.
I spin a little at about 30 MPH, and jump 2+ car lengths instantly and take him for a ride up to about 65. He's a ways back and rushes up as I let off....then merges behind me as his lane ends....too wise for the flyby?

Ahh....this car is slow, but man it sure feels quick for what it is...and a lot quicker that it was.
'90 Daytona Shelby 2.5 T1 auto, no back seats, no A/C, 180 degree 'stat, open downpipe, '88 roller cam and boost a little higher than 13 with shimmed wastegate canister...

Tax check is getting big IC, and all the crap to get my Enforcer turbo on there....I can't freakin' wait!

cordes
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Always fun to play with the ricers. Sounds like the new setup will make for even more funny stories.