PDA

View Full Version : Laser with a blown HG vs 240sx

iangoround
08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
On my way in to work today, just about to merge from 531 on to 490 and some young guy in a beat up lookin 240sx with a loud exhaust and big wing on the back merges on to the highway from an on ramp and I'm passing it.

I heard the exhaust, looked at the car and chuckled to myself a little bit with no intention of racing him at all as I'm nursing a blown HG for another day until I have time off to fix it. So, I pass him going about 70 (speed limit is still 65 at this point). Well, he must have seen me laugh and decides he wants to prove to me that his car is, in fact, a fire breathing dragon. I am in the far-left lane, and I watch the 240 pull in to the far-right lane to get around a car in the middle and I hear him shake the bees nest and gather some speed.

I figured I might as well run him for a little bit as there were no cops around, traffic was light, and I wanted to see how his car did. I always liked the 240s and thought about picking one up a while ago. He gets about to my door and I put it in 3rd gear and drop the hammer. By the time my speedo read 90 or so, he was several lengths behind me and I thought enough was enough and hit the brakes to get back down to a more sensible speed.

He pulled up next to me gave a friendly nod before I got back in to the center lane and slowed down to the limit (490 is uber construction zone now). Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed in the 240. It wasn't even a challenge and I was only running 6psi or so with the bad head gasket.

But they're still cool lookin cars. With a coat of paint and that stupid rear wing removed, that guy would have himself an interesting little car to drive around in.

shadow88
08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
HAHAHAHA fire breathing dragon.

1 bad day
08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
you killed puff the magic dragon :(