PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get turbo studs for my manifold???

TurbododgePirate
02-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Okay, I got my mexican turbo manifodl to mount my Holset turbo on. One problem... it doesn't have any studs to mount the turbo on. I took 2 that I had from the holset turbo, but I need to get two more. Any suggestions????~~Heath

turbovanmanČ
02-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Look in the phone book for a fastener place, thats how I go buy my studs or go to the local machine shop, they have some stock also.

TurbododgePirate
02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Look in the phone book for a fastener place, thats how I go buy my studs or go to the local machine shop, they have some stock also.

Do they have to be a specific grade or hardness?~~Heath

turbovanmanČ
02-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I like stainless but best to ask them, thats what I did when I bought mine, they know what will work and what won't go brittle.

Blue Iroc R/T
02-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Heath,
I'm not sure about the mexican turbo manifold, but I think the studs are the same size as the exhaust manifold studs. If you have a way of checking to make sure, I probably have a couple extras laying around that I could send you. Let me know if you have a way of verifying that.

TurbododgePirate
02-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Heath,
I'm not sure about the mexican turbo manifold, but I think the studs are the same size as the exhaust manifold studs. If you have a way of checking to make sure, I probably have a couple extras laying around that I could send you. Let me know if you have a way of verifying that.

The head to manifold studs are considerable smaller than the manifold to turbo studs. They are the same size as the studs that are on our turbo manifolds though. ~~Heath

iTurbo
02-13-2006, 12:40 AM
I found studs I needed for the exhaust manifold on my Spirit R/T at McMaster. If you know the specs (thread pitch, length etc.) you should be able to find some high quality fastenters there.

mech1nxh
02-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Okay, I got my mexican turbo manifodl to mount my Holset turbo on. One problem... it doesn't have any studs to mount the turbo on. I took 2 that I had from the holset turbo, but I need to get two more. Any suggestions????~~Heath

just a thought.....
call ARP...I would think they have got to have info
or a source

WVRampage
02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Im sure ace hardware had them and I also have a few old turbo manifolds laying around I removed the 4 studs from it and will bring them this weekend so theres 4 of them for you for free.

TurbododgePirate
02-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Im sure ace hardware had them and I also have a few old turbo manifolds laying around I removed the 4 studs from it and will bring them this weekend so theres 4 of them for you for free.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!!~~Heath