PDA

View Full Version : A/C line A$$ RAPE!

dds78910
08-01-2007, 12:30 PM
My R/T didnt come with the A/C so I have been tring to get it set up and buy the parts I need. The hoses I bought needed the rubber hose replaced. At the time I didnt think it was a big deal, but no one local can fix them, can't buy them new, or there is no aftermarket ones made. So I hear of a place in Reno that will do it, so I take them there yesterday and they said they will do it for $330.00:eek: I was thinking half of that! But I take into account that they are going to sand blast them and cut off the old fittings and weld on new ones instead of crimping fittings on ($300 labor $30 parts). I guess that is the price you pay for having and R/T, I hope they are as good as new when they are done! Just wanted to vent a little. Oh yeah with the dryer it jums the price up to $380!

turbovanmanČ
08-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Find another place, that has nothing to do with being a TIII. I had my 8 valve ones modified for $80, they needed lengthening when i moved my condenser, so they cleaned them, and gave me new rubber line.

dds78910
08-01-2007, 01:27 PM
All the other places I looked at said some of the hardlines didnt have enough length to add fitting, they said they were to close to the bends to get them in there criming machine. Beside they are already doing them.