PDA

View Full Version : Is there an SDAC Chapter in Oklahoma?

TurboNeon568
07-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Is there an SDAC Chapter in or near Oklahoma and if no then what are the requirements for starting one?

sdac guy
07-28-2007, 11:32 AM
The closest chapter to you is the Lone Star chapter based in Texas in the Dallas / Ft Worth area.

As for starting an OK chapter, we only have 3 SDAC members in OK. 3 members wouldn't justify starting a chapter. Show me there is enough interest in a chapter and we can discuss it (a half dozen folks interested in a chapter would make it worth discussing).

Barry

TurboNeon568
07-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I know more people than that out at 39th where I go cruising on saturday nights. I know of a few people on TurboDodge that are less then 20 minutes from me. I will see what I can do. In the meantime. I can contact you here, right?

TurboNeon568
07-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Another question is do you have to have a shelby car to be a member? All I have is my little neon. I a looking at a GLH but it's not a Shelby.

BadAssPerformance
07-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Shelby car not required! heck, you dont even have to own a turbo mopar, or even a lat emodel mopar for that matter. All you have to be is an enthusiast that is interested in Shelby Dodges and and othe "Shelby Inspired" late model Mopars :thumb:

sdac guy
07-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Another question is do you have to have a shelby car to be a member? All I have is my little neon. I a looking at a GLH but it's not a Shelby.

No, owning a Shelby car of any type is not a membership item. We only ask that folks be enthusiasts of these cars. At our annual event car show, the Neon class is usually one of the biggest classes.

When you get to the point of wanting to discuss specifics about a possible chapter, email is my preferred communication, but you can PM me here also.

I can receive email through this site, and all of our club contact info can be found on the SDAC website (the link in my sig).

Barry

TurboNeon568
07-28-2007, 09:26 PM
That is effin awesome. i am gonna join. Tomorrow, I am gonna go put money On my card and join. I wanna try and get a bunch of people together and start an SDAC chapter here too.

BadAssPerformance
07-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Sweeeeet! :thumb:

TurboNeon568
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I am sad. the place I got my card through is closed today so i couldn't put money on it. Now I have to wait until friday to do it.

TurboNeon568
08-02-2007, 10:22 PM
How many members in surrounding states? Kansas and Arkansas?

You said only half a dozen? Me and moparfwdsleeper are interested in joining and i am talking to 2 other guys and you said there were already 3 members.

How would I get ahold of the 3 existing members to inquire about starting a chapter.

A correction if you received my email. The other person is moparfwdsleeper, not "fwdmoparsleeper".

moparfwdsleeper
08-02-2007, 10:47 PM
lol he misspelt my sign in;)

But he is correct on me being interested:thumb:

sdac guy
08-03-2007, 06:34 AM
How many members in surrounding states? Kansas and Arkansas?

You said only half a dozen? Me and moparfwdsleeper are interested in joining and i am talking to 2 other guys and you said there were already 3 members.

How would I get ahold of the 3 existing members to inquire about starting a chapter.

A correction if you received my email. The other person is moparfwdsleeper, not "fwdmoparsleeper". I've replied in detail to your email and have forwarded the message to the existing SDAC members in the area. I don't give out our member's contact info, so it will be up to them to contact you.

Barry

TurboNeon568
08-04-2007, 12:18 AM
we'll see how it looks.

...man....

TurboNeon568
08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
lol he misspelt my sign in;)

But he is correct on me being interested:thumb:

lol he misspelled "mispelled".

on another note.....some poll of interest! If you look at the thread I started, you'll see that on this particular site, Clayton and I are the only ones posting in that thread. On the other site (TD.com) there are a few people posting but if you read the posts, he is the one who originated the idea of starting an SDAC chapter here. I think he should be the Officer, should a chapter start here.:nod:

moparfwdsleeper
08-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Either way, officer or not, i'm just wanting something to be in Oklahoma that shows the pride we have in our cars. Educate people of the history these cars hold, grow with the community and learn what I can. I'm up for a chapter in Oklahoma and would be happy to met other enthusiast from surrounding areas during meets:thumb:

TurboNeon568
08-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree. But its not gonna happen tomorrow (I wish). We gotta find more peeps. Get your friend Roachjuices' attention and see whathe thinks.

moparfwdsleeper
08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I did:thumb: He replied on the other forum but said he is here lol

TurboNeon568
08-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Tell him to tell his TD friends, too. I went out to 39th last night and tried to find Dustin and his dad but they weren't there. I got a friend who has his phone number and I'ma see i he'll give him my number and see where it goes from there.

TurboNeon568
08-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Barry,iti doesn't just have to be an OK chapter, does it? I mean if there are no chapters in AK and KS, we could poll interest and se if there are enough people to start a regional kind of thing, can't we?

I mean, cuz you said it was about sharing, right? No sense leaving them out.

sdac guy
08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey Barry,iti doesn't just have to be an OK chapter, does it? I mean if there are no chapters in AK and KS, we could poll interest and se if there are enough people to start a regional kind of thing, can't we?

I mean, cuz you said it was about sharing, right? No sense leaving them out. No, there isn't really a limit on an area, except what you should look at as practical. For example, you want an OK chapter based in or around Okla City because you don't really want to travel to Dallas / Ft.Worth area to hook up with the Lone Star chapter. The question you should ask yourself then is if folks would be willing to travel to Okla City to hook up with you guys?

Again as I stated in the emails, start out with what you have/know and then see if you can grow it later. Get established first, then reach out.

Barry

moparfwdsleeper
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Barry could you email me the same information you sent Tim? my email is shadowintheworks@yahoo.com that way both Tim and I are on the same page with the SDAC rules, regulations, chapter establishment, and etc.

sdac guy
08-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Barry could you email me the same information you sent Tim? my email is shadowintheworks@yahoo.com that way both Tim and I are on the same page with the SDAC rules, regulations, chapter establishment, and etc.
Will do.

Barry

moparfwdsleeper
08-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the email Barry.

TurboNeon568
08-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Barry should I have all of the prospect chapter members check in here so that you have a good idea of who and how many?

sdac guy
08-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Barry should I have all of the prospect chapter members check in here so that you have a good idea of who and how many?

no need.

Barry

TurboNeon568
08-09-2007, 02:35 PM
No need? Why?

moparfwdsleeper
08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Barry we are planning our first meet:thumb: lol guess I should have ran with this back in the day after all!

Email Tim and myself the details that you'll need when we have our meet's and any valueable information that is involved in starting a chapter please.

sdac guy
08-13-2007, 06:37 PM
No need? Why? Your word is good enough.

Barry

sdac guy
08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Barry we are planning our first meet:thumb: lol guess I should have ran with this back in the day after all!

Email Tim and myself the details that you'll need when we have our meet's and any valuable information that is involved in starting a chapter please.

The email I sent to you on Aug 5 pretty much outlines the steps. Once you have a meet or two, get back to me via email.

Use this or other forums to advertise your chapter happenings, but for the details on getting it going, I prefer email contact.

Barry

moparfwdsleeper
08-13-2007, 08:53 PM

TurboNeon568
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Thank ya much

moparfwdsleeper
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
First meet!

Date: September 8th
Day: Saturday
Time: 12:30 - LUNCH!
Place: Ron's Hambuger & Chili

I have recieved PMs with several guys saying they will be there:thumb: The place we are going to meet at is owned by a TD guy along with his TD lovin son! Bring enough cash to eat some of the best chili cheeseburgers out there and hang out with folk TD people! A 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT will be there(if weather permits).

Come hang out with the soon to be newest Chapter of SDAC! Any questions please PM myself or Tim(TurboNeon568).

TurboNeon568
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
First meet!

Date: September 8th
Day: Saturday
Time: 12:30 - LUNCH!
Place: Ron's Hambuger & Chili

I have recieved PMs with several guys saying they will be there:thumb: The place we are going to meet at is owned by a TD guy along with his TD lovin son! Bring enough cash to eat some of the best chili cheeseburgers out there and hang out with folk TD people! A 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT will be there(if weather permits).

Come hang out with the soon to be newest Chapter of SDAC! Any questions please PM myself or Tim(TurboNeon568).

Ummmm, dude I think you probably should have made that an entirely seperate thread

sdac guy
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Ummmm, dude I think you probably should have made that an entirely seperate thread

No worries. It's all good and will work.

Barry

moparfwdsleeper
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Barry will you PM me your email? I deleted a few emails that i should have kept, oops:p anyways I need to get info from you on the application process

sdac guy
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Barry will you PM me your email? I deleted a few emails that i should have kept, oops:p anyways I need to get info from you on the application process

pm sent

Barry