PDA

View Full Version : WTB: New T3 lifters

jckrieger
07-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Subject says it, I'm looking for new lifters for my 91 R/T so I don't beat the cams to a pulp. My lifters have 45K miles on them and at least 1 has failed. Anyone have a set or a few new ones they'd like to sell off? I really don't want to pay full price from Cindy if I don't have to...

Xtrempickup
07-28-2007, 11:33 PM
buy new upgraded ones, better than stock and worth the money

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Do you mean lifters or rockers?

jckrieger
07-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Do you mean lifters or rockers?

Lifters... I think all the sitting has taken its toll on the car. It also needs a new idler pulley as well. Since a new pulley is $130+, I think I'm going to take some measurements and go searching at the auto parts store for a replacement off another vehicle.

jckrieger
07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
buy new upgraded ones, better than stock and worth the money

Does Cindy carry the upgraded units? If so, I'll probably order a set this week since I need a new timing belt as well.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Lifters... I think all the sitting has taken its toll on the car. It also needs a new idler pulley as well. Since a new pulley is $130+, I think I'm going to take some measurements and go searching at the auto parts store for a replacement off another vehicle.

Serpentine? if so, Goodyear, Dayco have them, just measure it and pick up an idler pulley.

Wasn't sure, usually lifters don't damage the cam.

Does Cindy carry the upgraded units? If so, I'll probably order a set this week since I need a new timing belt as well.

Thats all she carries, is the upgraded ones and some OE for spares/singles.

jckrieger
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I just ordered a new set of lifters, timing belt, and shifter bushings from Cindy. This sure was expensive, but I guess I can sell the remaining 15 good used lifters for people as replacements/spares since they only have 40K on them.