PDA

View Full Version : mp big valve g head

grim
07-27-2007, 06:06 PM
i picked up a used mp big valve g head off a guy that used to drag a daytona . he said its a mp head but how do i tell for sure its a mp head . id like to know how it flows . does anyone have any info on these things ? i got the head , new unknown huge turbo, afpr ,+40s, simi ported 2 peice intake .and exhaust mani for 340 $ :eyebrows:

billy

BadAssPerformance
07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Measure the diameter of the valves... Intake 44mm exhaust 36.8mm :thumb:

Also, look to see if it has the x-drill holes (it could be either one) or a date code... the earlier ones are a little better ;)

got pics?

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-27-2007, 08:52 PM
the bigger valves had oversized valve seats that overlap each other
From what I heard flow numbers varied greatly
Some said the exhaust on some flowed worse then stock :yuck:
I had a mp mild port head on my omni till just last year
Enough to go 11.50 @ 125 mph
made 320bhp and 370 ft/tq @ 26psi
So couldn't be too bad

either way you got a lot of parts for little cash :nod:

grim
07-28-2007, 06:48 PM
i cant get pics right yet ,ill try to get some soon . there is some numbers ,marks and a heart (yeah really!) stamped in this head .under the cam gear there is a s stamped by itself then a c by itself and then d9cx . the other end there is a cd stamped on it . the front from cam gear side over is AA the there is a heart stamped at the top then as7u3 under that is a 17 then the 4323287 in the normal spot . i seen the heart and lol nopw between the 1st and 2nd combustion camber there is supposted to be 2 triangle coolent passes but there is only one and the other is blocked off with alum and some kinda hard stuff . it looks like just a hole was drilled there and plugged . i set a intake valve from a swirl head aginst the intake valve on the head, and the ghead valve is about 1/16th bigger all the way around . the did the same with the exhaust valve and it was the same size . the valve seats dont touch each other . its has the cross drill holes .the best part about it top fuel is the parts where only 15mins from my house . the guy didnt know anything about the forums or anything but he knew what it was worth but just wanted rid of it .

billy

BadAssPerformance
07-28-2007, 07:52 PM
All of the MP heads were stamped with a 'heart'

can you get a measurement of the valves?

johnl
07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
"the valve seats dont touch each other"

Tells the story doesn't it? - not true Big Valve with OS seats but still nice - likely 1mm oversize in stock seats.

grim
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
All of the MP heads were stamped with a 'heart'

can you get a measurement of the valves?

sorry it took so long . the intake is 1.730 and exhaust is 1.444 . that is as close as i could get it without pulling a valve . now that i cleaned a lil better i dont know if the seats touch or not . ill get a pics tomarrow sometime .

billy

mcsvt
08-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Postin some pics for Billy.

BadAssPerformance
08-26-2007, 11:41 PM
sorry it took so long . the intake is 1.730 and exhaust is 1.444 . that is as close as i could get it without pulling a valve . now that i cleaned a lil better i dont know if the seats touch or not . ill get a pics tomarrow sometime .

billy

1.73" ~ 44mm and 1.444 ~ 36.6 which is damn close to 36.8... sounds like you got a MP big valve head. :thumb:

Is it x-drilled?

grim
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
yeah its cross drilled . one of the coolent holes is blocked off with something like jb weld it looks like . ill take another pic of that today .

JDAWG
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
billy I will try to stop by tomorrow with my camera and digital caliper to get some pics and measurements. For some reason my pcv hose keeps blowing off, gotta fix that tonight.

tryingbe
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Pictures of the turbo?