PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I couldn't resist!!!

moparzrule
07-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Well I was checking my plugs tonight on the shadow, well f*ck me I broke one accidently the stupid number 1 plug because of the damn A/C bracket. I usually have a spare in the car, of course not. So I had to take the wife's car to autozone to get another one (err, 2 of course for a spare :o ).
Now my wife's car is a 99' Saturn SL2, not a bad car but it's automatic :yuck: But it's a twin cam 2.2 (or 2.1 something like that) and it's rated at 142 horse something around there. It gets up and goes rather nicely, but like I said, automatic :yuck:
Anyhow, coming out of autozone this silver 2nd gen eclipse comes screaming up, and it's the tin can sound not the nice low drone tone of a turbo DSM with big exhuast. I look, sure enough it's an RS with a fart cannon. So I pull up beside him at a red light, side by side now. Keep in mind my wife's car is 100% stock. I did not even power brake it, the light turned green and I LET HIM get the jump. So I floor it, top of first gear at about 50 MPH I am 2 lengths ahead of him. And since I'm an auto mine kinda bogged off the line. So sad, but I couldn't resist making him cry over his piece of ----.
Aren't 2nd gen DSM rated at around 140 horse too? And I'm sure he had intake and exhaust, very sad. Plus his was a stick, big advantage for off the line over my stock auto which just bogs.
Anyhow, thought I'd share my gloating. My gosh I wish I had the shadow so I could have destroyed him. :nod:

Orangetona
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
LOL thats pathetic. :D

Dusty_Duster
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Eclipses without turbos are piles.

moparzrule
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah actually I had one give me everything I could handle in a 440 Newport...and that Newport ran 14's which isn't slow. I have no idea what he had, I think he had N20. No boost though. That was back in high school, he was talking smack about his eclipse in class and I told him I would run him. He said OK, so we walk outside to the lot after school and him and his buddy laugh at my car. So we go out, we turn left out of the school onto a kinda main road, 2 lanes wide and 55 MPH speed limit. He punches as soon as he's around the corner, I am behind him. I punched it too immediatly and kinda kicked it around the corner a bit to catch up quick (he tried to cheat, bastard), we were exactly evenly matched because I did not gain or loose him until about 75 MPH I shifted into 3rd (auto) and then the torque took over and I passed him. Him and his buddy that was in the car look over like WTF!!! How did that big --- boat car kick my ---! They did not know they gave me all I could handle, for all he knew I just stayed behind toying with him and then passed him when I felt like it. I never let him know that though, next day in class I just looked over at him and asked if he was still laughing at my car. He didn't answer, just looked down and away all embarrased like. I was loving it.

tryingbe
08-01-2007, 01:05 PM
If it is a 99 SL2, it has a 1.9L DOHC that makes about 124hp.

1 bad day
08-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I dunno...something doesn't add up...2 things can be the case.....over exagerated story....or the guy raced you in 4-5 gear. The eclipse non turbo with intake and exhaust only w/ a 5 speed...should go around a 16.5 maybe a lil lower, and that is not knowing if their were any more mods to it.

tryingbe
08-01-2007, 03:27 PM
My stock 93 SL2 auto ran 16.7

moparzrule
08-01-2007, 03:31 PM
What are you talking about 4-5 gear? This was off the line race. And what possibly could be exagerated? I said I was only 2 lengths ahead of him at 50 MPH, thats not very much.
1 Bad Day- It's apparent you are looking at all the postings I have an just posting to disagree with me. Thats called trolling and/or poaching, and is not allowed on forums. You come here not knowing much about TD's but because you had a turbo honda you can talk smack like you know everything? I don't recall you being in the passenger seat of my car during the race. The guy in the eclipse couldn't drive for $hit, that was apparent. I simply wanted to embarass him, it was a win/win situation for me even if I lost. And the story is not exagerated whatsoever.

dodgeshadowchik
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
N/T DSM's are pretty slow. They are heavy cars.

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS: 16.6 1/4 mile time. I couldn't find a time for the RS, tho, but it should be similar. The difference is the RS probably runs a 2.4L SOHC and the GS runs a 2.0L DOHC (420A). If memory serves, the HP ratings on both those engines were around the 140 mark.

1999 Saturn SC2: 16.5. Also, couldn't find the SL model besides this one:
1996 Saturn SL1:17.2. I think the SC2 is the DOHC the SL1 a SOHC. I think you could get either engine in those cars and both were 1.9L engines.

I guess my long rambling here is the race would've been close... and sounds like it was. :) Tell the eclipse owner to get a real exhaust and not just the fart can muffler. ;)

My DSM has 200hp. Too bad its trans shifts whenever it feels like it. :p

moparzrule
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Thank you dodgeshadowchik. The SC2 has the same engine as the SL2. The SL1's got a SOHC and it's only like 90 some horsepower. All the ''2's'' have the DOHC engine.

Turbodave
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
What are you talking about 4-5 gear? This was off the line race. And what possibly could be exagerated? I said I was only 2 lengths ahead of him at 50 MPH, thats not very much.
1 Bad Day- It's apparent you are looking at all the postings I have an just posting to disagree with me. Thats called trolling and/or poaching, and is not allowed on forums. You come here not knowing much about TD's but because you had a turbo honda you can talk smack like you know everything? I don't recall you being in the passenger seat of my car during the race. The guy in the eclipse couldn't drive for $hit, that was apparent. I simply wanted to embarass him, it was a win/win situation for me even if I lost. And the story is not exagerated whatsoever.

Matt I don't see any evidence of trolling or poaching on behalf of 1 Bad Day, so don't get all worked up over the fact that his opinion differs from yours. Just because a car should go xx.xx et doesn't mean it always will run that fast, too many factors involved.

I think we all believe that you beat a slow car with your slow car, there are a lot of factors that can cause the win to go to your car, things like the driver's ability, the condition of the car, the 400lbs of concrete he was hauling home, maybe his a/c was on? I also agree that you aren't one to exaggerate the story, you have nothing to gain from that and who really cares, it's all about a fun story of beating mr tokyo drift with your wife's daily driver :thumb: .

moparzrule
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Dave, it wasn't a matter of opinion clash...he literally called BS on me and said I was exaggerating. And I'm not calling this one post trolling or poaching, he has disagreed with me in 3 other threads.

Aries_Turbo
08-04-2007, 10:25 AM
N/T DSM's are pretty slow. They are heavy cars.

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS: 16.6 1/4 mile time. I couldn't find a time for the RS, tho, but it should be similar. The difference is the RS probably runs a 2.4L SOHC and the GS runs a 2.0L DOHC (420A). If memory serves, the HP ratings on both those engines were around the 140 mark.

all the 2g non turbo eclipses n(RS and GS) got the 2.0L DOHC (chrysler).... the turbos got the 4g63 turbo motor.

it wasnt till the 3g that the RS/GS got the 2.4L sohc. at that point the GT had the 3.0L 6g72 sohc 24v.

the 3g rs/gs are real dogs especially the auto. it took FOREVER for one to pass my old 2.5L TBI 4-door auto k car on the highway. they were acting like buttholes and tried to hammer past me (on a 4 lane road) and i gunned it and it took them like 35 sec to pass lol. I wished i had the turbo though so i could really mess with them.

Brian

moparzrule
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
The 3rd gen DSM's are junk. They look like crap, they are heavy pigs, and they took away the turbo and replaced it with a V6 :yuck:

t2_85_lebaron
08-04-2007, 05:49 PM
yeah... im not a huge fan of third gens.. personally i like the first generations, or the 2 gen talon tsi.. i know a guy whos got one with like 500 hp.. but i think the saturns have 1.9's or all my friends ones did.. it was that sport switch that made you win wasnt it? i always kinda wondered what those switches did.. lol

JDAWG
08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
someone post pics of the gen's, I am getting confused of what is what

moparzrule
08-04-2007, 09:39 PM
2nd gen is best looking IMO. For raw power, 1st gen had better goodies to handle the power.

2.216VTurbo
08-04-2007, 11:53 PM
THe Saturn is only a 16.5 car?? That suprises me, a few months back one had a run at my 89 TC when it was running 13PSI, it was from a roll about 35 to 85 or something like that. I beat him, but not by more than a couple cars. I came away pretty impressed by the Twin cam Saturn;) At that same boost level at least a couple 350Z's went down by a full car length.:)

BTW Matt, bad day stirs the pot wherever he goes. Don't feel too special by his uh, attention:D

ekimdam
08-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Can I stir too?

On my way to work the other day...

Me in my '91 MR2 T and an '0X RX8
Door handle to door handle all the way to 120...:p

Turns out he works at the same place, even parked in the same lot. He wouldn't even look at me.... WTF? If your gonna race, have fun with it... even if you loose... besides, he started it anyways.

geez I was all smiles.:) :) My car runs 14.8's and it is 1000% stock, including the paper air filter that needs changed. Guess he thought he was gonna walk me. OH Well... I thought it was fun.

This post had nothing to do with the thread and added no value to what was written above.

moparzrule
08-05-2007, 06:57 AM
THe Saturn is only a 16.5 car?? That suprises me, a few months back one had a run at my 89 TC when it was running 13PSI, it was from a roll about 35 to 85 or something like that. I beat him, but not by more than a couple cars. I came away pretty impressed by the Twin cam Saturn;) At that same boost level at least a couple 350Z's went down by a full car length.:)

BTW Matt, bad day stirs the pot wherever he goes. Don't feel too special by his uh, attention:D

They are quite torquey, not all HP like a honda. I wish my wife's car was a stick. Her sister's car is the exact same 99' SL2 except stick, I've driven it. These cars got balls. If my wife's car wasn't auto I'd be tempted to stick on a turbo and see what kind of numbers it puts down.
350Z's are one of the biggest joke's. They must be real heavy, because a V6with 280 HP should be pretty damn fast.
LOL, well thanks for the reassurance.

JDAWG
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
OK, I see now. The 2nd gen is an overweighted neon. They had neon dohc engines.

t2_85_lebaron
08-06-2007, 09:48 AM
i want an awd turbo 1st generation, i like the looks of 2g's but there are too many of them around and "modified" some kid with a gs on cardomain thought his eclipse could beat my car.. heres our convo
Posted: Aug 03, 2007 8:41 PM

unstoppable429
16 posts
Buy my eclipse, there is a simple answer. make and offer and it could be yours…little better lookin the a civic.

droptopmopar85
132 posts
if you buy it.. take the 747 wing off the trunklid, that has no buisness on a fwd car..

this is his “sweet whip”
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2709737

this is what he wrote in my guestbook:
Posted by unstoppable429 in 1985 Chrysler LeBaron
08/04/2007, 03:45amhey @$$ quit dissin on everyone’s rides…sad part is my car would smoke urs and no not my eclipse but my “project” so before you decide to talk ---- put you pink where your mouth is cuz if u line up gainst my monte, you wont have a car. and who tricks out a lebaron and then talks ----…i mean come on seriously?

this is what i posted back in his:
Posted by droptopmopar85
08/04/2007, 12:48pmi do dumb ----.. im not the one with a piece of ---- import with a 2 foot tall spoiler and chrome tail lights.. read over my mods dipshit, im making 300 whp as it is, and ittl be 400 once i get my alko kit. you need to read up before you talk ----. why dont you line that mistu up if my cars such a piece of ----… will that thing run 12s? no, and it never will as long as you own it. your ignorance just shows how incredibly stupid you are in the department of cars.

then this is another forum that i posted in that he had to comment on
Posted: Aug 04, 2007 3:23 AM

droptopmopar85

132 posts
“and believe it or not with a cb you are looking and a small increase in both hp and mpg on most cars.” i have to go with not, and this is why. when you modify a car, you end up deciding that you want performance over reliability. more power means that you need more fuel, and more air in the combustion chamber, so f you want more power, you have to use more gas, making the milage worse, now theres only a couple ways i could see this making sence. on my moms matrix for instance, the car has to work REAL hard pulling hills, like you have to have it floored, but if the car had more power you wouldnt have to work it as hard so you might get comprable milage, but an exaust wont make that big of a difference. an example of what i just explained is this, my dads dakota, 4.7 v8 with a 5 spd gets about 15 mpg cruising around town… not too good right? my neibors chevy 2500 with an 8.1 and a 6 speed gets about 14 cruising around town in a similar fashion. btw you dont want a straight pipe.. the constant BLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAb gets really annoying after about 10 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unstoppable429
16 posts
yes its true the more gas u use the more power u gain but that is what engine work is for. flat out put is that exhaust isnt gonna make a noticeable difference period. and catback does help both mpg and hp but not much it is a proven fact so droptop needs more research.

i dont need to do more reasearch.. heres a thought for you. if you could get more power AND fuel economy by a simple modification of the exaust, why would ALL car manufacturers catch on and start putting them on out of the factory? your probably one of those ricers that thinks a cold air intake and a GSX decal are going to give you 50 hp :-D your car must have like 546516846516846165465468498.5 horsepower

im one of those people who speaks there opinion, and ive only insulted one other car on the site.. it was some kid who wanted nsx air vents for his cavilier :-D and i was just in a pissed off mood when he started up.

usually they dont understand that im calling them a ricer.. this kid claims to own a monty with 812 hp at the rear wheels but he has no pictures to prove it

Vigo
08-11-2007, 03:20 PM
the twin cam saturns with 5-speeds are well kept secrets. i think they are nicer in handling too than a lot of comparable cars.

anyway.. saying the 2g non turbo eclipse should be as fast as the saturn is all good and well until someone posts up a non turbo 2.0/AUTO time... 18+ 1/4 stock. no ----.

moparzrule
08-11-2007, 03:21 PM
His was a 5 speed though.