PDA

View Full Version : Same setup + add alky = go faster??? :)

Clay
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Ok, right now my setup is a 87 2.2 TII style (ie 2 piece intake) w/ 89 Daytona IC. Running with 87 electronics and a blueberry cal (+20s, 3 bar @ 20 psi).

This is all on a stock garrett turbo. I know the stock garretts start to run out of steam around that area, and also start to pump hot air. SO this leads to my question.

If I add an alky system to my setup, could it help to makeup for the small stock IC, and bring intake temps down with the result being lower ETs??????? The main reason I ask is I noticed before going to 20 psi that my upper IC pipe was cool to the touch after a run. Now at 20 psi, its hot to the touch after a run. My original plan with this car was a huge IC, but maybe alky is an alternative.

thanks,
clay

mario03SRT
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok, right now my setup is a 87 2.2 TII style (ie 2 piece intake) w/ 89 Daytona IC. Running with 87 electronics and a blueberry cal (+20s, 3 bar @ 20 psi).

This is all on a stock garrett turbo. I know the stock garretts start to run out of steam around that area, and also start to pump hot air. SO this leads to my question.

If I add an alky system to my setup, could it help to makeup for the small stock IC, and bring intake temps down with the result being lower ETs??????? The main reason I ask is I noticed before going to 20 psi that my upper IC pipe was cool to the touch after a run. Now at 20 psi, its hot to the touch after a run. My original plan with this car was a huge IC, but maybe alky is an alternative.

thanks,
clay

Clay,

The answer is a resounding yes!

Without changing your tune your Omni will make more horsepower. The denser and colder air charge alone will reap HP improvements.

Now consider this too, either your have decided on an ceiling for your boost and/or timing on your tune. With the injection your threshhold for boost and timing has jumped significantly. The superior heat absorbsion of the water mixed with the high octane of the methonal creates combustion which is virtually detonation free. Our buddy the knock sensor will be bored waiting for something to report to the ECU. The ECU loves to show off it's timing table and will on it's own increase your timing levels w/o you touching the distributor yet.:thumb:

Then pull out a 1/2 point of AFR to the low 12's high 11's watch the mph go up again. Grab a wrench loosen that dist lock nut and dial in a degree or 2 of timing. :nod: Got a Cal with built in knock detection? Tune this thing so simply but safely that you will be laughing all the way.

You say well I have to feed this what will that cost me? Well I buy my Meth here locally from a Sunoco fuel Distributor for 2.40 a gallon. Cut that with 50% water and for 1.25 a gallon you have a race gas cruiser. Or out of the area, just get a jug of -20 deg washer fluid, add a bottle of Yellow Heet and your off and running again.

I have made many boosted Dodge owners believers and very happy with thier decision. Without advertising anything but real world results. I and others have the dyno's to back it all up, the ET's/MPH and the wins.

It's time to "Chemically Intercool"

FYI,
Marion Hutzel
Dealer Snow Performance.

1FastCSX289
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Clay,

The answer is a resounding yes!

Without changing your tune your Omni will make more horsepower. The denser and colder air charge alone will reap HP improvements.

Now consider this too, either your have decided on an ceiling for your boost and/or timing on your tune. With the injection your threshhold for boost and timing has jumped significantly. The superior heat absorbsion of the water mixed with the high octane of the methonal creates combustion which is virtually detonation free. Our buddy the knock sensor will be bored waiting for something to report to the ECU. The ECU loves to show off it's timing table and will on it's own increase your timing levels w/o you touching the distributor yet.:thumb:

Then pull out a 1/2 point of AFR to the low 12's high 11's watch the mph go up again. Grab a wrench loosen that dist lock nut and dial in a degree or 2 of timing. :nod: Got a Cal with built in knock detection? Tune this thing so simply but safely that you will be laughing all the way.

You say well I have to feed this what will that cost me? Well I buy my Meth here locally from a Sunoco fuel Distributor for 2.40 a gallon. Cut that with 50% water and for 1.25 a gallon you have a race gas cruiser. Or out of the area, just get a jug of -20 deg washer fluid, add a bottle of Yellow Heet and your off and running again.

I have made many boosted Dodge owners believers and very happy with thier decision. Without advertising anything but real world results. I and others have the dyno's to back it all up, the ET's/MPH and the wins.

It's time to "Chemically Intercool"

FYI,
Marion Hutzel
Dealer Snow Performance.

Agreed. Alky/water is fantastic. You can run the boost and timing right up there without issue.

On a side note......Marion.....do you run the same misting nozzles as devilsown? I cant get a timely email reply to see whether they have a 8 or 9 gph nozzle.

Turbodave
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
:lol: I just can't help but picture Marion wearing a plaid suit and banging on Clay's front door trying sell a snow performance kit out of a suitcase.

Orangetona
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Lmfao

mario03SRT
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Agreed. Alky/water is fantastic. You can run the boost and timing right up there without issue.

On a side note......Marion.....do you run the same misting nozzles as devilsown? I cant get a timely email reply to see whether they have a 8 or 9 gph nozzle.

No, Snow Performance's nozzles are different. A lot of the other nozzles can be bought in industrial catalogs. You can however get a Snow nozzle with a push lock holder and use it.

FYI,
Marion

mario03SRT
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
:lol: I just can't help but picture Marion wearing a plaid suit and banging on Clay's front door trying sell a snow performance kit out of a suitcase.

Well,

The snake oil market crashed and no one uses hair brushes any more.:D

BTW I like the lime green plaid jackets myself.

Marion

mark
07-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Well,

The snake oil market crashed and no one uses hair brushes any more.:D

BTW I like the lime green plaid jackets myself.

Marion

i'll buy all your discontinued hair brush stock, I just built a time machine, and I can market them as pube brushes

Dave
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
You will make more power and have the capacity to produce more as well.

unluckyty
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Snows nozzles are rated at ml/min, while most other use gph.
The snow kit I bought, years ago for my truck, Matt sent the 175 ml/min and 225 ml/min nozzles. These were for a turbo engine @ around 300 horsepower.

Greg

mario03SRT
07-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Snows nozzles are rated at ml/min, while most other use gph.
The snow kit I bought, years ago for my truck, Matt sent the 175 ml/min and 225 ml/min nozzles. These were for a turbo engine @ around 300 horsepower.

Greg

Zaggly...........for 350 and up go with the 375ml.

Marion

t2_85_lebaron
07-31-2007, 02:50 PM
im gunna get one of these babys this winter.. now, stage one or stage two?