PDA

View Full Version : How much is my car worth

Devsdaytona
07-23-2007, 03:05 AM
I want some opinions on how much my car is worth, and no, I'm not really planning on selling it right now.

1990 Shadow Competition package, VNT T-IV with a-568. Rebuilt head. Paint is a little rough, not too much fading or peal, buts theres dings and scratches. There no rust on the underbody and some quarter panel rust. Runs and drives fantastic, all stock except for a Garrett T03. Original Turbo needs a rebuild. 1 of 30 with comp pack.

over 200,000kms

Pic in my sig

Thank You

Turbodave
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I would estimate about $1500 as you described it. I would say probably closer to $2500 if there wasn't any rust and it still had the VNT turbo on it.

I love the 90 Comp Pkg cars, but there just isn't a huge market for them, most take a long time to sell, even at a reasonable price.

slasky
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
It is sad that this car should be worth a lot but it isn't. If it was a special 1 of 30 the was built in the 60s it would be worth a fortune.
Unfortunately I agree with turbodave on his pricing.

Devsdaytona
07-23-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah, I paid very little for the car to start with.

Thanks for the opinions guy's. So if I do get another car I'm looking at, I'll probably just store this one. Wait till she's a collector.

slasky
07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
yeah, I paid very little for the car to start with.

Thanks for the opinions guy's. So if I do get another car I'm looking at, I'll probably just store this one. Wait till she's a collector.

These cars will be worth money someday but it may be a long time off.

ShelbyZD
07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Don't be afraid to get a quote done.

Dad got his 89 Tona done and was surprised to find out it was worth around 6.5k.

DB-Rocket
07-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Don't be afraid to get a quote done.

Dad got his 89 Tona done and was surprised to find out it was worth around 6.5k.

What its worth and what people might pay for it are two totally different things.

Devsdaytona
07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
What its worth and what people might pay for it are two totally different things.

Yeah, thats why it's nice to have a site like this to ask people.

440SCOUT
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM

I agree ,especially with mopars...:amen:

ShelbyZD
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I dont disagree... but the fact is that people are generally stupid when it comes to these cars.. .they will pay $10k for a mint 88 Mustang... but you'd be hard pressed to get 3k for a mint 89 Daytona Shelby.

Also, for accident purposes.. it would be nice to have a quote for what the car is 'really' worth.

shelby zed
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
1000, sell it to me devin, it will only lose value ;)

ScottD
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I like the competition package cars in the P and G body. I never knew about the 89 competition package Shadow until Turbodave posted about his. I did know about the 1990 Shadows.

The Daytona C/S competition package was 89, 90 and 91. The comp package Daytonas were about 200lbs lighter than a stock Daytona Shelby and got all the good hardware. I'm sure there was a similar weight savings between a comp package Shadow and Shadow ES.

These cars, in concept, are very similar to say a 69 440-6 B-body. They were purpose built cars. In fact, none of the 89 Daytona C/S competition package cars came from the factory with AC, they were all AC delete! You'd think that they'd draw more interest, but most people don't know what they are.

As to how much your car is worth, I'd agree with Turbodave that it is probably worth about $1500 as it sits. And I also agree with him that they are a hard sell because for whatever reason most people don't know what they are. I personally think they are some of the most desirable of the turbo-mopars. I have an 89 Daytona C/S comp package that I'm looking forward to getting on the road hopefully in the next year.

denviola
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the info. Never knew there was a Competition Package Shadow. Does it have the CS or other badging like the Daytona?

Has there been any info on these in the SDAC newsletter or elsewhere?

Denny

Turbodave
07-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the info. Never knew there was a Competition Package Shadow. Does it have the CS or other badging like the Daytona?

Has there been any info on these in the SDAC newsletter or elsewhere?

Denny

Don't think there has ever been any info about them in the SDAC newsletter, but Dempsey bowling has a write up on his site.

They made 300 Competition Package Shadows in 1989 and 30 in 1990.

89 were all 2 dr, 2.5 TI 5speed cars. They got the brakes and suspension from the ES model. They were pretty spartan otherwise, the turbo engine came with the bulge hood, rear spoiler and bright exhaust tips, but that was all that indicated it was special on the outside. There was no special badging like the CS Daytonas had. They also had 15" pumper wheels which weren't available on any other non-ES Shadows. Inside they had roll up windows, base seats, no center console. My 89 had A/C installed as it's only option, no rear defrost, no tape deck, no fog lights, manual mirrors etc..

I bought mine back in 2000 because I liked the fact that it was a stripped down turbo 5-speed car. After doing some research with Chrysler I learned about the 89 Comp pkg option that my car came with (code ANA on the build sheet). The 89 sales brochure describes it as an affordable way to get the performance of an ES shadow, they don't really try to sell it as a factory lightweight racecar....lol..

Since learning about the 89's I've found 3 others, 2 that were being parted out and one that was for sale in Canada. With so few of them made and so little to recognize them by they are a very hard car to find. Mine is currently out in Iowa with my uncle getting the body re-done and a fresh exotic red paint job. I can't wait to get it back, it's my favorite of all the cars I own.

Devsdaytona
07-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Some good info in this thread. Mine has the rear defrost as the only option.

So in theory, 20 years from now, this car will be worth alot in factory trim.

Time to buy a barn and some car covers.