PDA

View Full Version : Raced a GT mustang

TurboII
07-21-2007, 03:17 PM
well i also have a 1979 fire bird along with my baron. But this race was with my brother driving the firebird on the highway:
My fire bird is done up right it was a 301 when i bought it and was planing on running 400CI so i did. I had my 400 rebuilt by a Pontiac lover that owns a machine shop. I had the 400 built to Ram air 4 specs from the 70's with new technology meaning roller rockers, headman headers, 650 holley carb (which is still to small), edelbrock intake, ETC. My car pushes 425hp and 500FPT with a 3spd th350 tranny and a 373 rear end Naturally aspirated . My car is mainly for quarter mile setup only but can still be driven on the highway.

The story's goes like this. Ever Monday we go to a cruz at my friends restaurant called guido's and we invited some friends with us and we just hang out and eat and watch the nice cars pull in. The race was a 95 mustang GT centerfugul supercharger pushing out about 500HP and i think 10 or 14 psi which belongs to my Cuz. when were leaving my cousins decided to show off and does a fish tail when coming out of the restaurant and my brother leaves normally following him. They both end up on the highway and my brother pulls up next to my cousin and my cousins looked at him like OH PLEASE!! and floors it and so did my brother. They were both neck and neck all the way till 120 and my brother backed off and did it again and same result happen. even tho no one won keep in mind my fire bird is a 3spd auto with high gears In the back. My cousins mustang is a 4spd auto with overdrive and a lower rear end ratio then mine and that extra gear and small rear end that he had didn't even help him pull ahead of us and this car suppose to have 500Hp and just like ever mustang, Honda, Toyota owner who loses have to have every excuse in the book my cousin tells my brother that he was misfiring and his spark plugs were fowled and had to spacial order his auto lite racing spark plugs and they take about two weeks to get in.
The funny things was the following monday when it was time to leave, my cousin just bounced with out waiting for us LMAO
Im not much of an automatic person so im started to look for a 4spd swap for my car and run him again and see the different would be when i drop a Manuel tranny in it.

Hope its easy to understand
Joey

turbovanmanČ
07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Now you need to go whoop his aZZ with a TM, :thumb:

TurboII
07-23-2007, 12:09 AM
You got that right:thumb: Tme to whip out the baron