PDA

View Full Version : AC Delete

Shelbyz26
07-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I know there is almost definitely a thread somewhere on here that would tell me exactly how to do this but being I have dial up I gave up searching after half and hour of nothing. So please dont flame me but I was wondering what the procedure is to eliminate the a/c system on an 88 Shelby Z. I know the wiring is tied into the fan switch somehow and I'm assuming it isn't that difficult to get around this but I'm a moron when it comes to electrical problems so if someone could help me out or point me to somewhere with the info I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Matt

JDAWG
07-21-2007, 11:37 AM
pull out the compressor, lines, condenser, and whatever else. The plug for the compressor clutch you can just tie back and let hang there. If you want it to look a little nicer get an ac delete bracket which came on cars from the factory without ac, these can be found in the sale section or at the junkyard

moparzrule
07-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Taking out the A/C won't affect the stock fan schedules. THe only difference is turning on the A/C makes the fan come on all the time. Without A/C, the fan will come on at the normal cycling schedule.

JDAWG
07-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Taking out the A/C won't affect the stock fan schedules. THe only difference is turning on the A/C makes the fan come on all the time. Without A/C, the fan will come on at the normal cycling schedule.

yes
just rip that junk out

Shelbyz26
07-26-2007, 10:40 PM
alright thanks guys