PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a OLD spearco water injection kit!

ShadowFromHell
07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I picked up a spearco kit from a guy at work yesterday and it looks like its more complicated then it should be. lol. It has a tank, a pressure switch, and a alumnum heatsink that has a circut board in it and at least 8 wires coming in and out. I think I have figured out what does what, but I still see no need for the circut board. Does anyone have any info on these olf kits or a online manual?

thanks

BadAssPerformance
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
pics?

ShadowFromHell
07-20-2007, 07:00 PM
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a9/ed/b9d7_1.JPG

Looks just like that pic I pulled from ebay. I guess its a Econo-Tronic?

Spraynlog
07-20-2007, 07:37 PM
http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a9/ed/b9d7_1.JPG

Looks just like that pic I pulled from ebay. I guess its a Econo-Tronic?That tank/pump combo looks a lot like the universal windshield washer kit I got from Autozone when I made up my homebrew alky/H20 injection kit.

You could likely wire the pump up to a 'key on' power source, then use a Hobbs pressure switch to turn it on at 8-10psi. Mount a misting nozzle into the rubber intake line between the air filter and the throttle body. A mix of 50/50 distilled water and denatured alcohol worked great!:nod:

ShadowFromHell
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
it has a pressure switch and all that. I just am wondering why it has the little circut board when I see no need for it on such a simple system.

Aries_Turbo
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
is the pressure switch actually an analog sending unit to the electronic box rather than a digital switch like a hobbs?

Brian

ShadowFromHell
07-21-2007, 02:54 AM
it seems to be completly seperate and just screwed into the side of the box. wires run out the bottom and then into the circut board. I think I will run it just because it says spearco on it (lol), but would like to understand how it works before I trust my engine with it.

Aries_Turbo
07-21-2007, 10:27 AM
is the pump attached to the bottom of the reservoir? it looks a little small if it is. looks like a windshield washer pump. maybe you outta call spearco and see if you can get some documentation on the setup. im sure they have something that will tell you how exactly it works and how to hook it up.

Brian

royabadasr
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
How can I open and see the pic? If it's the old one (original), it's either ECONO-TRONIC or INJECTRONIC by Spearco. I got mine at JCWHITNEY many many years ago that I have used on my 78 Dodge van and is still in perfect condition up to this day and I will install it on my 2003 Pathfinder. Very good product!!! Engine stays cool all the time.
I believed what the circuit board does is sense the engine's temperature and mist water when you accellerate, getting power from a vacuum source that is only present when rpm is reved then provides power to the pressure switch. The circuit board is there to tell the injector that the engine is warm enough for misting. We don't want and need water mists when it's cold and early in the morning.
You can actually see your temp gauge go down when water is injected. Loved it when I go uphills and you know what it does right? Cooler engine, better performance and economy on gas.
I have also made it portable to my other old cars (76 and 78 benzes) just by providing plug-in connectors to them. Not a hassle at all switching them. I will post wiring and installation diagram as soon as I find it...

64-turbo
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I have an old Econo-Tronic system on my 64 Corvair. If you are not going to use your system I would buy it from you or any of the components to use as spares.
Thank you, Terry

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I just posted an offer to but any components from you Econo-tronic system to use as spares to my installation. My email address is terry_alexis@yahoo.com.

ShadowFromHell
06-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Send me a e-mail 64-turbo, superjeepster@hotmail.com with a offer. Ive still never used it, its just sitting on the shelf.

bobnzer
09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Did you get the kit working?

I picked up a spearco kit from a guy at work yesterday and it looks like its more complicated then it should be. lol. It has a tank, a pressure switch, and a alumnum heatsink that has a circut board in it and at least 8 wires coming in and out. I think I have figured out what does what, but I still see no need for the circut board. Does anyone have any info on these olf kits or a online manual?

thanks