PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-17 "Parking Lot" Award Winners!

85shelbycharger
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I've been meaning to make this post for a while now and well...what better time than now!? Like I said at the awards night prior to presenting, each of these awards were made with full intentions on being fun and to give everyone a little chuckle. When other Steel City guys and I initially came up with the idea for these awards, I thought everyone would get a kick out of them haha. That being said, I'd like to now recognize those who recieved the first ever SDAC "Parking Lot" Awards:

The Award for:
1. 'Best Beer'
-This award went to Cindy and those from FWD Performance for putting on that awesome kick-off party! There was plenty of food and obviously, beer! As I stated at the awards night, we all love beer and of course, the 'Best Beer' is always free! Thanks again Cindy :thumb: Congrats!

2. 'Best Mustache'
- This award went to Steve (Cuda-Tugger). The winner for the 'Best Mustache' award was almost too close to call. After all of the votes were tallied, we had to go back to the polls and do a recount :p because Captain Heath (Yaaaargghh) miscounted due to the eye patch covering his left eye. :lol: After recounting and coming up with a three way tie between you, Don Pennington, and Jim (JIMSTRUCK) we had to go into a tie breaker and we determined that Steve had the best mustache of them all because his the most well maintained. :amen: Congrats!

*Note* There actually was no vote/count or anything haha, I'm just having some fun with this.

3. 'Best Party Crew'
- This title was awarded to Mike Marra, RUTHIE, and the rest of their crew. The first time that I rolled into the parking lot at this SDAC, I couldn't help but notice the palm trees, parrots, and other inflatable, tropical memoribilia out in the middle of the parking lot. The only possible thing that could have made their set-up better would have been a slip 'n slide :p Seriously though, even at the end of the convention when everybody was packing up to leave, the tropical, lively palm tree sat there deflated. This acted as a symbol showing that the end of one of the best SDAC's was upon us. Congrats!

4. 'Best Chapter Presence"
-I wish that I had an award to give to each SDAC chapter that was represented at SDAC-17 but unfortunately I only had one to hand out. I really had no idea who to choose because it seemed like a number of the chapters were well represented. After we spoke with Barry we decided to use pre-registered participants' affiliations to decide on who to award this to. In the end, the number of Delaware Valley members that were in attendance were to be commended. Bruce "Top Fuel" Bender accepted the award on behalf of the DV-SDAC. Congrats!

5. 'Best Burnout'
- One thing that everyone always looks forward to during the SDAC conventions are the burnouts! The first night that I was there this year, there were several burnouts I witnessed that I felt would be hard to top. Brian Bucar had an absolutely AWESOME burnout in his Reliant and definitely got the crowd going. The award for 'Best Burnout' however, went to Alan. (Sorry Brian) For those who haven't heard, Alan flew in from California and rented a new Chrysler 300C only to have a clan of TM enthusiasts do an hour long (yes only an hour :p ) nitrous install right there in the parking lot! Within a couple hours time, there were mounds of burnt rubber laying on the asphalt. Needless to say, there was no tread remaining and Alan had to go out and buy new tires the following day so that he could run the rental 300 during drag racing day. Again, thanks Alan, for putting on a great show and giving everyone an SDAC moment(s) to remember :amen: Congrats!

6. 'Best Web-Forum'
- This was an easy award to hand out because there is simply no other competition (Yes, I went there). No other Turbo Dodge forums are even close to being in the same league as T-M and that is why we presented the award for 'Best Web-Forum' to Frank and the rest of Turbo-Mopar.com! Congrats!

There you have it folks, the award winners from the first ever SDAC 'Parking Lot' Awards! For those who won, if you can, take a picture of yourself with your award and post it up! Steve even mentioned to me that he is preparing a speech that he is going to post up :nod: :p So thanks again everybody. I hope that you all enjoyed the awards and had as much fun with them as I did!

Orangetona
07-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I wanna win an award! Do I get the best grand am burnout award? LOL!!

2.216VTurbo
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Pat, I'll send my mailing addy so I can get that burnout trophy. Oh wait, you already gave it to me at the awards ceremony:D :number1: Prolly where Steve and Sean will chime in and 'Mention' they punished the rubber on the 300 more than I did:o

sdac guy
07-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for posting that up Pat. I'm putting the finishing touches on the next Up Front which covers the car show. I hope to have it to the printer tomorrow.

But while I was writing the article and editing the pics for it, I made a mental note to get a list of those award winners from you guys. And now, here they are!

Thanks again for a great event. :thumb:

Everybody join in now ... three cheers for the Steel City Chapter guys ...

Hip Hip Hooray :thumb:

Barry

Aries_Turbo
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah you guys rule! good job and thanks for all the local support for this years SDAC!

Brian

BadAssPerformance
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks again for a great event. :thumb:

Everybody join in now ... three cheers for the Steel City Chapter guys ...

Barry

Hell yeah!

neonkitten63
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
HAHA, that palm tree man....the best $10 I have ever spent!!! hehehe. Wait till next year, we have already started planning.

*looks up on TV to glance at the "Best Party Crew" Award* :)

Awesome job to you guys!!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/neonkitten63/palm.jpg

moparfwdsleeper
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
:cheer2: :clap2: :rockon: :partywoot: :dancingbana: :drum:

Congrads to all the winners:p

Riverratt
07-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Pat, I'll send my mailing addy so I can get that burnout trophy. Oh wait, you already gave it to me at the awards ceremony:D :number1: Prolly where Steve and Sean will chime in and 'Mention' they punished the rubber on the 300 more than I did:o

BTW Was their any "repercussions" when you too the slightly used 300C back to the smiling clerk behind the rental counter?? :bolt:

mo' parts
07-21-2007, 08:53 PM
The Award for:

2. 'Best Mustache'
- This award went to Steve (Cuda-Tugger). The winner for the 'Best Mustache' award was almost too close to call. After all of the votes were tallied, we had to go back to the polls and do a recount :p because Captain Heath (Yaaaargghh) miscounted due to the eye patch covering his left eye. :lol: After recounting and coming up with a three way tie between you, Don Pennington, and Jim (JIMSTRUCK) we had to go into a tie breaker and we determined that Steve had the best mustache of them all because his the most well maintained. :amen: Congrats!
oh, you mean Tom Selleck......:D

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/573000-573999/573283_264_full.jpg