PDA

View Full Version : I found a working Dex 77 complete

looneytuner
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Mission impossible has been accomplished. Still in car. Still works.:nod:

Only bad is 1/2 of the sticky label one button is damaged.

Any one else interested in getting a batch of new labels for the buttons made?

what's even better is that I liked the guy before I knew he had the radio and he sold it to me at a fair price.

J&H Ryan
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Congrats!!!

I had a good SL find today too - but its a whole car!

...missing the radio of course...

lancer117
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM
thats good find , sucks for me i still need the code for mine .

JDAWG
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
pics?

looneytuner
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
thats good find , sucks for me i still need the code for mine .

Radio shops can reset them???

sdac guy
07-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Mission impossible has been accomplished. Still in car. Still works. congrats :thumb: I got one a couple years ago for a good price, all the parts & wiring harnesses included. It's still in a box in my storage unit. I was told it works (though not well).

thats good find , sucks for me i still need the code for mine . Did you try the factory setting? IIRC it's 000000 (or maybe 123456) unless someone went to the trouble of changing it. I used to have that written down here somewhere. I am sure if you search the boards you will find the factory code mentioned. If someone changed it, then yeah, you'll probably need to get a repair shop to reset it.

Barry

Dodgeglht
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't mean to seem ignorant, but what is this thing you are referring to?

sdac guy
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Dex 77 is the model number of the Pioneer FM / CD player that came in the 87 Shelby Lancers. It was installed by Shelby Automobiles while the car was at the Whittier California facility. It had a graphic equalizer built into the head unit, and had dual amps located under the passenger seat. With 6 speakers, it sounded great.

The 87 Shelby Lancer had the distinction of being the first ever new car sold in the US with a CD player in it.

Barry

DC Turismo
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Man, Shelby sure did have some neat firsts!

What else can be added to the list along with the first car produced with the VNT turbocharger and now the first ever cd player install? Was the Omni GLHS a first in regards to quickness by chance (referring to the notorious GT350 v. GLHS magazine)?

looneytuner
09-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Well, I pulled the Dex 77 today. I had to pull the passenger seat to get the amps out safely. It also has the remote for the optional? trunk unit which my car has.
Do I need the speakers too or are there replacements that work with this.
AND is anyone interested in a run of new decals for the buttons? One is torn on my head unit. It looks like they are just glossy self adhesive paper!
the face on mine is perfect except for the one button.
One more question. The rear speaker covers have a pioneer logo on them. Was this standard?

mcsvt
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I would say any speakers will work.

I don't have a DEX :( so no need for button decals. But I bet our vendor Dave would help you with them.

My rear covers say Pioneer on them, and the spares I just got also say it.

badandy
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Man, Shelby sure did have some neat firsts!

What else can be added to the list along with the first car produced with the VNT turbocharger and now the first ever cd player install? Was the Omni GLHS a first in regards to quickness by chance (referring to the notorious GT350 v. GLHS magazine)?

Off topic I know but the 1983 Shelby Charger was the first American (and maybe overall) production car to be produced with 50 series tires:hail:

The Shelby Dakota was the first mid-sized truck with a V8:thumb:

Back to our regularly scheduled programming :o

jonnyb
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Billy - The 89 csx was the first production car to use a composite wheel (fiberides).

Nice find on the DEX!!!

TopDollar69
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Couldn't you get a CD player in an RX7 turbo in 86?

cordes
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Couldn't you get a CD player in an RX7 turbo in 86?

I thought that the distinction came with the fact that it was standard on the Lancer.

iTurbo
09-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Or domestic car..