PDA

View Full Version : CSXT vs WRX

show-off
02-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Ran my buddy in his WRX. His car is basically stock. He really didn't beat me too bad out of the whole when we were messing around around town. We were on our way home and we head out the interstate for some spirited driving. We ran then twice.

The first time was a 3rd gear pull from 60-65 range. I spooled immediately and pulled 2-3 cars in 3rd then shift to 4th and put a couple bus lenghs on him. I was surprise how bad I pulled him, but they have small turbos and are good out of the hole. His car does feel pretty strong though.

The second was a roll. I was in 4th and he was in 3rd about the same speed. He put 2-3 cars on me, then I hit the sweet spot. I walked...no ran by him so fast it looked like he was standing still. He said he was doing a 105mph when I pased him and put a few buses on him. The way I pulled him in 4th like that was freakin awesome.

I keep loving this car more and more everyday.:thumb:

Will Martin
02-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Nice Kill! So what are you running for a cal? I have a similar set-up as you and I just got it all together. It's leaps and bounds over stock, but I have yet to uncork it's potential until I can get a proper cal and tune it. Cal should be here anytime soon......

show-off
02-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a couple of custom cals. Running a Tu cal right now 18psi on 3bar set-up

Will Martin
02-04-2006, 09:01 PM
A "couple...?" Dayum, you're lucky. LOL I can only imagine what my car will do once I get mine. Curious, what do you have your static fuel pressure set at?

Garret
02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
WRX = A rocket in 1st and 2nd gear, in 3rd it falls on it's face
I put 2-3 cars on a stock one with my 85 Turbo Z that was 95% stock minus the test pipe and a big K&N cone filter instead of the stock airbox and other than that was purely stock

show-off
02-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, they spool up real quick with small turbos, but it is still a 13sec car.

GLHNSLHT2
02-05-2006, 01:03 PM
WRX's are mid 14's at best with a good driver, STi's are mid to low 13's.

capev86
02-05-2006, 11:02 PM
sounds like the classic wrx vs. srt scene. the suburu has it on the takeoff thanks to the small turbo and the all wheel drive, but the dodge doesn't give up and makes up the distance once it gets moving!

turbovanmanČ
02-06-2006, 12:59 AM
A "couple...?" Dayum, you're lucky. LOL I can only imagine what my car will do once I get mine. Curious, what do you have your static fuel pressure set at?

I tune mine by using the air/fuel guage. I keep leaning it out until I get the yellow light at WOT.

BTW, when are you bring the car over, thats not very nice, :(

Good Kill on the WRX, its nice to see there faces when a TD blows there doors off, :nod: