PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love the Police!

show-off
02-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I decided to go out cruising last night in the shelby. I was pretty bored. I do not usually drive too fast or aggressive on the streets, but I was stopped next to a SS camaro at a stop light. He got on it in first, so I shifted to second and nailed it. As I passed him shifting to 3rd he let off, and then I saw the lights. He must of saw the cop coming in the opposite direction. Dude hit the lights and busted a Uie in the middle of a 5 lane road.:banghead:

So I get to a secluded side road and turn into an abondoned lot. He pulls me over and askes what my hurry was and if I was racing. I told him I was, "Just being stupid." I had my registration, ID, and insurance ready for him when he got to my window. I was very polite to him also. He asked me like 3 times if I had been drinking. I was like nope, I don't drink. He proceeds to go back to his car and run my stuff. He comes back and says I could give you a six point ticket for $400 dollars for dangerous drive, or I could take you to jail for street racing. I told him it was just my weekend car I drive for fun. He said, "It isn't a mustang or camaro so I don't know why you would drive like that?" :angel: I almost laughed. I wanted to say, no it was faster, but you have to respect the law. He ended up letting me go with just a verbal warning to keep it at the track if I wanted to race. He was pretty cool about it, and I got out of a sticky situation!:eyebrows:

GLHSKEN
02-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Obscurity has its priveledges!!!

GLHNSLHT2
02-05-2006, 12:51 PM
hehe, got pulled over in my GLH when it was running. Had just put premium in it and it seemed to be helping so as I got off the freeway I romped it down the hill across the freeway up to about 35-40 and slowed for the red light, the light changed as I got there and I hit it hard again up to 35ish then slowed to make my right turn. Well I guess he heard the 3" Rick D downpipe with the downturn under the shifter and thought I was really moving. He asked me about my exhaust. I can't remember what I told him exactly but He said "I suggest you put some money into your car rather than giving it to the government" I just kinda laughed to myself as I had visions of the race motor that's waiting on an engine stand, the Ed Peters head, the JRB header, and other components sitting at my place waiting to go into it. He let me go as he really didn't have anything to nail me on. Sometimes I hate these cars because you have to explain they're fast all the time, and sometimes I love people not knowing.

looneytuner
02-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Obscurity has its priveledges!!!
Yep I laughed my way out of a ticket way back when with my 150 hp Pinto. The cop just shuffled back to his car and drove away.

bn880
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Had a cop say some _very similar_ things after I passed some guy on an overpass illegaly and while making a lot of noise, and a bit of drifting in my Lebaron GTS (took about 2.5s to do all that). You should have seen his face, beat red. Anyways, gave me a nice ticket for an illegal lane change or crossing the median or something, I paid it without question. :nod:

Regards

lotharamc
02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
On the flip side, I got pulled over for going 50 in a 35, in my old 84 Lebaron 2.2na auto (extrordinarily slow). The thing is was that the cop said he clocked me infront of the Waffle house, which was less than 50 yards from the intersection where I was stopped. I explained to the officer that this car isn't capable of reaching those speeds in that distance. In fact I don't think I was even going 25 yet, as I wasn't in a hurry. He let me go, but of coarse still said I should drive safer.

8valves
02-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh oh I love these stories! I remember leaving the original fast and the furious showing at a big popular mall. I had my red glh T2 at the time w/ an open downpipe. As I pulled around front to drive away all these kid smy age were laughing about "the Omni with pillar pods" and "how many volts ya' runnin!?"

I proceeded to light first then grab second and keep them going right in front of everyone in a childish, I'm 16 moment, and happen to look to my left to the unmarked Intrepid police car sitting in a handicapped parking spot watching me.

The car actually started to overheat as he pulled me over so he let me get out and open the hood then sit back in teh car. He gave me the spiel and I told him i was stupid, bla bla bla, until he starts to walk away and then says, "By the way, what is this thing?" I told him, "It's an Omni sir, an Omni GLH." He replied with a smile and said "Not that I'm condoning it whatsoever, but I never thought an Omni could look that cool smoking the treads."

I laughed and then got out to re-fill the coolant and drive away thinking about how lucky I was. :thumb:

Aaron Miller

TrrboJeep
02-17-2006, 02:21 PM
I have noticed one thing pertaining to the police and my Wrangler that is kinda interesting? I'm not sure why this is, but have you ever noticed that a Harley can run strait pipes, and be loud as hell, and that is ok with most law officials? Well, Jeeps seem to share that same exemption. I can, and have, run my side pipe for over a year now (3" no muffler or CAT) with no hastles from the law! They look at me, kinda like you would a loud Harley, and then look away as if, oh, its one of those?
Weird!
I used to drive around on pins & needles because of the decible level, but I don't even worry about it anymore, the cops just don't seem to care. If it was a car I'd have been stopped long ago. :eyebrows:

93sundance
02-27-2006, 03:45 PM
I have gotten away with alot just by being nice to the cops. it really goes a long ways. No sense giving them an attitude and getting a aticket or going to jail because of it.

85lebaront2
02-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, you gotta love them, I got pulled many times in my GT350 for improper exhaust. Got out of most of them by carrying the pertinant section of the Va. motor vehicle code. The best one was the night I was on the way home from my shop, and almost got sideswiped by a 4dr. green Plymouth Fury (the old big one). I waited till an open stretch of straight road and blew by him. Since the car had come from a local watering hole, I figured the driver might be somewhat intoxicated. As I went by him, I put some distance between us, then slowed down to the speed limit. The front of the Plymouth lit up with two big red flashers, so I pulled over. It was an unmarked vice squad car. The detective looked at my license and registration, said "I didn't think someone your age would be driving this car" (I was 27 at the time). I told him what I thought, he apologised for his driving, cautioned me to be more careful, and let me go without even a warning. BTW, this was around 12:30 AM.

fleckster
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I got pulled over in my Neon R/T for "unsafe start" and the officer told me, "I know how it is when you get a little bit of power and I know you are a pretty good-sized guy but you never know when the back end could come around on ya..." When I told him I didn't think that was possible since it was FWD drive. He just looked at me funny and said, Huh?" I would have tried to explain it to him but I don't think it would have mattered anyway.

jckrieger
02-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Back when I was 16 I was pulled over in my old Daytona for "excessive display of acceleration". I had never heard of such an offense, but I was nice to the officer and he let me go. This was back when I had minimal exhaust and was running 20+psi of boost :)

WVRampage
02-27-2006, 11:48 PM
I have noticed one thing pertaining to the police and my Wrangler that is kinda interesting? I'm not sure why this is, but have you ever noticed that a Harley can run strait pipes, and be loud as hell, and that is ok with most law officials? Well, Jeeps seem to share that same exemption. I can, and have, run my side pipe for over a year now (3" no muffler or CAT) with no hastles from the law! They look at me, kinda like you would a loud Harley, and then look away as if, oh, its one of those?
Weird!
I used to drive around on pins & needles because of the decible level, but I don't even worry about it anymore, the cops just don't seem to care. If it was a car I'd have been stopped long ago. :eyebrows:

I also think old trucks can be as loud as you want them to be my 78 F250 has 3 inch from the y pipe back in to a summit racing 3 inch glasspack and then a turn down so its real loud and did i mention its a big block. A guy I work with also got stoped for his cbr600 being to loud when a harley rode past he told the cop I have a muffler I will not pay untill you make every harley get a muffler cause that is way louder than my bike the cop let him off.