PDA

View Full Version : Extra Oil in Rod *Picture

SpoolinGLH
02-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Ok theres a few things i want to ask ...

First Thing is that the best place for the extra Oil Hole?? And I thought I remembered it should be a 3/32" hole with being chamfered on the bushing side?

Second thing Is I "honed" a little on the small end to fit the .901 wiseco wrist pin. The pins fit in nice with NO play at all side to side...but how loose should they be sliding back and forth?? Thanks Guys

SpoolinGLH
02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Anyone???

GLHSKEN
02-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Just checked a couple Wiseco's a shop mounted up for me.. (.901 pin). If you are talking about the rod sliding easily along the pin and being able to contact the piston, yes easily...

Yes, That is where you want the oil hole. I don't have any apart, But it "felt" like it was chamfered on the top of rod.. To me that makes sense, allows for a pool of oil to collect there to feed the bushing.

Not sure on the size...

Clay
02-05-2006, 09:54 AM
so where do you drill this hole? On the top side of the small end of the rod??????

clay

GLHSKEN
02-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Yes, Top of the small end..

SpoolinGLH
02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I've read that is the best place to drill the hole...anywhere else tends the weekend the rod...

Ken, Thanks for checkin...Its actually hard to explain on the computer but as long as there is no play in the rod bushing and the pin(which theres not) and the pin slides left to right easy..then ill be fine?? Just did'nt know what tolerances there should be ....

GLHSKEN
02-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I've read that is the best place to drill the hole...anywhere else tends the weekend the rod...

Ken, Thanks for checkin...Its actually hard to explain on the computer but as long as there is no play in the rod bushing and the pin(which theres not) and the pin slides left to right easy..then ill be fine?? Just did'nt know what tolerances there should be ....

Exactly what I found on mine (your description of the "play") Bushing tight... side to side moves easily...

I hear ya on the computer explanation... That's why I went to the garage to check..

turbovanmanČ
02-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Can't remember what size I used but the size listed here sounds close.

Aries_Turbo
02-06-2006, 02:25 AM
.0006" is the number that comes to mind for the piston/rod to pin clearance. youll wanna double check though.

Brian