PDA

View Full Version : Cecil 7/13/07

contraption22
07-14-2007, 11:44 AM
The car was running pretty good. There is definitely power there. Best run was 11.80 @ 114 Reeves said that it was spinning thru all three gears. I heard squeeling and actually was afraid i had left the Ebrake up again, but no, it was actually spinning the 24.5's! Granted...i honestly do not know their age. They were on the wheels when i got them.

Before the last pass i realized I had forgotten to plug the reference line for my DSM BOV, and I know when I bench tested it, it would leak above 17psi in that condition. Something in the trans broke on the last run, so it's tough to say it it would have made a difference.

The biggest problem I had (besides the obvious trans issue) was not knowing what guages to trust. Wideband read safely rich with room to pull out some fuel, yet the EGT was hot, going past 1600 degrees

pokadot1
07-14-2007, 12:00 PM
The car was running pretty good. There is definitely power there. Best run was 11.80 @ 114 Reeves said that it was spinning thru all three gears. I heard squeeling and actually was afraid i had left the Ebrake up again, but no, it was actually spinning the 24.5's! Granted...i honestly do not know their age. They were on the wheels when i got them.

Before the last pass i realized I had forgotten to plug the reference line for my DSM BOV, and I know when I bench tested it, it would leak above 17psi in that condition. Something in the trans broke on the last run, so it's tough to say it it would have made a difference.

The biggest problem I had (besides the obvious trans issue) was not knowing what guages to trust. Wideband read safely rich with room to pull out some fuel, yet the EGT was hot, going past 1600 degrees

I had the best seat in the house as the starter. I enjoyed sending you and Steve M. down the track. I think you lost a diff pin through the case. Alot of work but it could be worse. This time, if I am right, put the pin holders on the ring gear to keep the pin in.
Steves 150 foot burn outs off the starting line were great. the Lancer spun all the way through first and 10 foot or more in second, posi every time. That brought back good memorys of the old bullet years ago. I asked Steve why he did not come use my slicks? He said he did not need them. :confused: about 10 min's later I saw a White SRT4 come to the line and it had my slicks on it:thumb: I am glad somebody used them.
Cliff Sebring

BadFastGTC
07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
I had the best seat in the house as the starter. I enjoyed sending you and Steve M. down the track. I think you lost a diff pin through the case. Alot of work but it could be worse. This time, if I am right, put the pin holders on the ring gear to keep the pin in.
Steves 150 foot burn outs off the starting line were great. the Lancer spun all the way through first and 10 foot or more in second, posi every time. That brought back good memorys of the old bullet years ago. I asked Steve why he did not come use my slicks? He said he did not need them. :confused: about 10 min's later I saw a White SRT4 come to the line and it had my slicks on it:thumb: I am glad somebody used them.
Cliff Sebring

Cliff,

Next time out with the old Lancer, I will have to run slicks. Thank goodness the Lancer is dirty enough to keep the rubber from sticking too badly to the fenders!

The Lancer ran a best of 13.79 & 104.65. Short times varied from a best of 2.277 to 2.509. The boost was as steady 18 psi. That is all the turbo would deliver even with the wastegate can shimmed and shortened on the adjuster. I disconnected the line for one pass as an experiment, but again, 18psi was all the thing would deliver. O2 volts were a steady 1.05. I ran a couple of passes without shifting the auto into third and the car was pulling pretty steady up top. The car picked up 26MPH from the 1/8 to the 1/4 on the 104 pass, so the car has some good grunt! The 1/8 times ranged from a best of 8.992 to 9.438. MPH from the same area ranged from 78.24 to 91.13. Perhaps I should have taken Flee's advice and let a few lbs. of air out, but I wanted to see what the car was capable of as it is driven!

Great to be back on the track and more importantly, see you guys and gals again!

Steve M.

"Top Fuel" Bender
07-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh sure nobody calls me
Great to see the cars is working again for you both :thumb:

Hey Mike maybe between both are trans' we can make one good one :lol:

contraption22
07-15-2007, 01:14 AM

Cliff Sebring

It could be Cliff, I'm not sure yet. We will find out tomorrow. It certainly didn't lose much fluid judging by how quickly you guys had the track clean and ready to run again, and the lack of any kind fluid where we parked it in the pit area. I do have the pin retainers on it.

Reeves
07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Where did it break Mike?

csxtra
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Where did it break Mike?

Under the hood, between the engine and the drivers side wheel...:D

Ondonti
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Are you running pretty conservative timing? that would up your EGT"S even if the wideband says GO!!!!

Reeves
07-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Under the hood, between the engine and the drivers side wheel...:D

I was waiting for that!

JDAWG
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
When is the great TM invasion day?

8valves
07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Are you running pretty conservative timing? that would up your EGT"S even if the wideband says GO!!!!

Absolutely, a commonly overlooked item. EGT's will be high, espescially in excessively rich, low timing situations.