PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor

moparzrule
07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I hooked up my dawes A/F gauge the other day, but I'm not sure whats going on with my car ir if the O2 sensor is dead. The sensor seems fairly new though.
I'm only running 13 PSI boost and a stock T2 IC on an 88 shadow ES, everything else bone stock except walbro 255 pump.
Anyway, at WOT the dawes shows BLUE. I have the gauge wired to the battery for the ground and all connections soldered. Whats weird is at WOT within the first few minutes of driving it will be yellow or green.
I know that with a normal 10 light A/F guage the lights are suppose to go up and down at idle. Well, it does this when I first start the car up....blips up through red yellow green and then back down. But after a few minutes it will just stick on the green or sometimes flash between yellow and green.
Once other thing, if I do a few WOT runs my check engine light comes on. Checked codes, nothing except code 15 but thats speed/distance sensor (car stalls when I come to a stop, need a new sensor I guess).
I checked the plugs since the dawes read blue, the porcelain was WHITE and clean. If I was running that rich they would be brown or black and fouled out. Something is weird.
Car runs great though, pulls 18-19'' vacuum at idle and pulls really strong to redline.
Any thoughts? If it was the o2 than why does the car run good (IE no limp mode) and the plugs are clean. Dead o2? Bad ground for the sensor? Not sure what to think!

moparzrule
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
WTF, now I think it might have started working. Didn't do anything, now it shows green at WOT, and now it blips up and down at idle it no longer stays on green. This is weird. Could this be a grounding issue? Sure sounds like it to me.

Terry Again
07-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Maybe try a 4 wire O2 sensor? unless you have that already