PDA

View Full Version : 87 Csx #466

SpiritedShelbys
07-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Does anyone on here own this car? Does this car still exist? I'm trying to track this car/owner down if it hasn't been parted out and destroyed. PM me please.

moparfwdsleeper
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I have it recorded on my list as RIP.

SpiritedShelbys
07-08-2007, 07:00 PM
hmm.. no offense here but how reliable is your list? The reason I ask is because I have the dash plaque and I was going to alter it to use in my modded '89. I can't in good conscience do that if this car is still "alive and kicking" and missing the plaque. You know? Thanks man!

moparfwdsleeper
07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
where did you get the plague? I won't claim the list to be fail safe as I havn't been able to get a list of the numbered cars VIN/number to start verifing what is gone and what isn't. I get my information from shelbyregistry.com and members from the forums and every now and then ill ask sellers on eBay if its being parted and if so what number. Once I can find a seller of the list I spoke of above I will be able to make it fail safe.

SpiritedShelbys
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I bought it from a friend so I'm not really sure where he got it from. I'll have to ask. No biggy man, I figured I'd post and give that a try since I can't reverse a modification.. you know? Thanks!

moparfwdsleeper
07-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I agree, I would hate to go through with the plan then see a help i need my dash plague thread then read its 466 that would suck to say, yeah i have that plague but it reads 488 now:p sorry.. Im going to see where I got the number from and ill let you know if/when i find out where i was told it was a RIP car.

SpiritedShelbys
07-11-2007, 12:00 AM
ok, that works!

WickedShelby88
07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
If you can find out what VIN the cars were that went with those numbers and do a car fax then you would be able to track down where it is or was and try to contact the last known registered owner. Its worth a shot and would help you in your quest.

chillz1
07-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Pretty valiant effort. Not a lot of people would do that. This community is awesome. :)

moparfwdsleeper
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Pretty valiant effort. Not a lot of people would do that. This community is awesome. :)

+1 on that statement!

Did you ever find out the VIN or contact steve(shelbymotorsports) for information on it?

SpiritedShelbys
07-22-2007, 01:24 AM
No but I did offer it for sale on the "other" site. I just can't bring myself to modify the tag... I'd rather let it go to someone who is missing one than butcher it. Nobody is making these and an original will always be better than a repop. Anyhow all my efforts in searching for this particular car has turned up nothing.