PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-17 Goody bag flashlights

sdac guy
07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
As many of you know, there seemed to be quite a few non-working keychain flashlights in the goody bags at SDAC-17 (some folks got pocket knives instead of flashlights). I got one in my bag and found it was the batteries that needed replacing. The battery type is LR41 which I only found sold individually for about $4 each (need 4 of them).

What I used as a substitute (they fit perfectly) are hearing aid batteries size 312. A pack of 8 of them was $7.99 so they were about $1 each. The flashlights use an led and give off a blue light, so they look kind of cool when lit.

Just though you folks could use the tip!

Barry

fleckster
07-07-2007, 02:18 PM
"I got a flashlight!...I got a pocket knife!...I got a rock!" - Charlie Brown and Crew at SDAC-17

BadAssPerformance
07-07-2007, 06:13 PM
:lol: LOL...

Thanks for the tech tip Barry! :thumb:

JamesL
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
As many of you know, there seemed to be quite a few non-working keychain flashlights in the goody bags at SDAC-17 (some folks got pocket knives instead of flashlights). I got one in my bag and found it was the batteries that needed replacing. The battery type is LR41 which I only found sold individually for about $4 each (need 4 of them).

What I used as a substitute (they fit perfectly) are hearing aid batteries size 312. A pack of 8 of them was $7.99 so they were about $1 each. The flashlights use an led and give off a blue light, so they look kind of cool when lit.

Just though you folks could use the tip!

Barry

Damn, we didn't even think of that. The Texas heat is really tough on batteries.

BIGBRUDDA
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Be sure to remove BOTH flecks of insulation on the battery terminals!:thumb: Mine makes an erie blue glow man.:evil:

neonkitten63
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh man I cant wait to get batteries for this thing now. I hope I didnt throw it out :(

fleckster
07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Be sure to remove BOTH flecks of insulation on the battery terminals!:thumb: Mine makes an erie blue glow man.:evil:

I knew insulated and I was big but two of me?!? And Tim wants to remove me? And after I told him he was like the Big Brother I never had... :(

BIGBRUDDA
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Not you .....per se John!(all this turmoil has got cha wired man). Just your little battery savin plastic flecky things:thumb:

BlueBaron
07-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Look for the batteries in your local "Dollar Store".

I was trying to help someone with his power locks in Philly last year. My mini amp meter was dead and needed those little batteries. I found them in Wallmart. A 2pack for $4 (needed 6). But I also found them in the local Dollar store, 8 for a buck. Meter still works today.

sdac guy
07-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Look for the batteries in your local "Dollar Store".

I was trying to help someone with his power locks in Philly last year. My mini amp meter was dead and needed those little batteries. I found them in Wallmart. A 2pack for $4 (needed 6). But I also found them in the local Dollar store, 8 for a buck. Meter still works today.

Whoa! Good tip! :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks,

Barry